Importing Mods

mimaef

There are only beta versions of NMM.

Unless you want to spend some substantial time into your mod setup or want to create a new mod setup from scratch, I'd recommend NOT switching to Vortex. Stay with NMM. If you're not 100% sure about what you're doing, this is much safer for you.

Only if you intend to mod a new game or recreate a modding setup from scratch, you should switch to Vortex for that.

I have just downloaded vortex because I was thinking of reinstalling Oldrim along side of my currently fully modded Skyrim SE. 250 active mods in SE. Then I realized that I didn't have Oldrim installed (I thought that I had it installed already). I accidentally got vortex to associate with SE. Bad things happen lol. Now SE doesn't see the mods I have loaded via NMM at all. It only sees Vortex and the fact that Vortex has no mods loaded. So I figure, I would have to just import NMM to Vortex. I know that I have a lot of mods in NMM but it's been in Stage 2, setup, for 30 minutes now. I even restarted Vortex twice just in case. How long does setup phase take normally if you have max mods?

• 1 month later...

Hey so I did it most of them trasnfered. But some didn't transfer at all. is there a way to combat that?

You "combat" that by manually transferring the mods. Drag the mod archives and drop them into the Mod File(s) box at the bottom of the game mods page.

There are a number of reasons why some mods do not transfer, and they have nothing to do with Vortex. See Vortex Dashboard>Knowledge Base>Importing From Nexus Mod Manager.

• 1 month later...

-edited-

Nevermind, I'll just download them again, transferring them just seems like more arse ache than it's worth.

Transferring the mods would've involved opening the Mod Download folder, hitting CTRL+A, then going to the Vortex Downloads folder and hitting CTRL+V

With all the links? Because half of the mods were broken and I had to delete and reinstall them anyway. The main feature of Mod Manager from Nexus for me is that it is linked to the webpage.

And you are helping to develop Vortex that you are very negative to all kind of feedback/problems and then complaining about users being toxic?

-edited-

Nevermind, I'll just download them again, transferring them just seems like more arse ache than it's worth.

Transferring the mods would've involved opening the Mod Download folder, hitting CTRL+A, then going to the Vortex Downloads folder and hitting CTRL+V

With all the links? Because half of the mods were broken and I had to delete and reinstall them anyway. The main feature of Mod Manager from Nexus for me is that it is linked to the webpage.

And you are helping to develop Vortex that you are very negative to all kind of feedback/problems and then complaining about users being toxic?

No, I thought you were talking about the mods in the DOWNLOAD folder, Because you said you were going to DOWNLOAD them Again, my tip was letting you know that once you download and install a mod, YOU STILL HAVE THE DOWNLOADED MOD on your Harddrive, so you could've just copied them all from the download folder LIKE I SUGGESTED and saved yourself the time from DOWNLOADING THEM AGAIN.

All I tried to do was save you time by telling you just to COPY all your mods from one download folder to another, and instead I get you saying I complained about users being toxic?

If you're referring to the other thread where I answered your suggestions and bullet points by pointing out that Vortex had most, if not all of your suggestions already IN it, then WTF?

I answered each bullet point telling you how you can change a lot of the things you were complaining about, THAT'S ALL.

Figure Vortex out for yourself from now on.

The main feature of Mod Manager from Nexus for me is that it is linked to the webpage.

Vortex already has THAT built in too. *sigh*