Vortex Alpha Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #62231017.

skyesfury wrote:

I'm loving the ease of use that Vortex provides. NMM was a great tool, and MO1 and 2 are awesome, too. Vortex provides me with a simplified functionality of MO2, which I love.

But I've noticed that Vortex often uses an insane amount of memory while it's just sitting idle. Almost 7G of RAM while idle. This won't stop me from using it, but it means I have to shut it down after starting Skyrim.

Just wanted to post that this is happening. I'll keep an eye on it and see if there's something in particular causing this and/or how to recreate the issue for troubleshooting purposes.

If you haven't done so already, you may want to take this issue of memory usage to the Nexus Vortex forums. There are many knowledgeable and helpful people there who can help you sort out the problem.

Vortex memory usage for me is quite reasonable. My most heavily modded game is Fallout 4 with 196 mods. Vortex RAM usage while idle is about 600MB. Edited by Augusta Calidia

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found a bug while modding new vegas. any time i installed a mod multible plugins they would enable themselves and disable themselves over and over again.the only way to fix it is to close vortex and open it again and enable the plugins manually.the enable all pop up didint help please fix

• 2 weeks later...

I like using Vortex. Eventually, I might even like it better than MO. I find its interface user-friendly if a bit quirky. Right now I use it for Skyrim and hope to use it for other games as well. Having just started playing ESO, I would like to use it to install Add-ons. Vortex does find the game launcher and correct file for ESO Add-ons (rather than "Mods").

That said, Vortex can't work with everything. It is not reasonable to expect it to. I can't use it for Fallout New Vegas or Oblivion apparently because of issues with their game engines. My guess is that it won't work with Fallout games earlier than FO4 or Morrowind for similar reasons.

For older Bethesda games, I use the latest version of Wrye Bash for those games (FOMM for FONV). It can be a bit tedious, but it usually works quite well. It is very good at sniffing out mod conflicts. Love that Bash patch!

I use LOOT for load order management for both new and old Elder Scrolls games. A few months ago I had a problem when it stopped working on my PC. But now the latest version is working again.

Games like Dragon Age or Mass Effect have their own independently-developed mod managers if you can't get Vortex to work with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using vortex for about 2 months now with Skyrim SE, before I used Mo for Oldrim for about 3 years give or take.

I enjoy vortex the problems I have had so far were ether user error, or quality of life.

Though I do wish there were an option to check for external changes. [i might just be an idiot though] ;p

Ie (update fnis to save the changes I have to enable a fake mod folder and when it deploys vortex checks for external changes I save... Then disable the fake mod) aka quality of life.

I guess In the end it all comes down to preference.

The version I currently have in use is v0.15.9. Though I only have 85 mods in my current load order compared to my Oldrim 164 mods.

in the last 24 hrs any one run in to errors? where its asking for promising? when installing and removing mods?

any one other then me />?

apply ACL: You don't have permission

Error

at Object.unlinkAsync (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:1:22737)

at fs.forcePerm (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:1:690440)

at Object.forcePerm (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:1:24327)

at fs.ensureFileAsync.then (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\renderer.js:1:690421)

at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)

at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:512:31)

at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:569:18)

at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:614:10)

at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:693:18)

at Promise._fulfill (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:638:18)

at C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\nodeback.js:42:21

at fs.exists.fileExists (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\fs-extra\lib\ensure\file.js:16:28)

at FSReqWrap.cb [as oncomplete] (fs.js:312:19)

Edited by Shaun0057

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

VORTEX makes me very angry. UPDATE NMM I BEG YOU. I Beseech you. Please GOD I want Nexus NMM BACK> VORTEx You have conflict WHAT HOW MANY. so many cray conflicts Then FNIS DON'T WORK . PEX FILE MISSSING so F43ty83476543760k WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR