Captcha on Login

kamikatze13

It would be even more of a pain with 10,000 Korean spambots roaming free due to no barriers in their way.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The easiest way to resolve the captcha is blacklist nexus.

Do not click any of the endorse, donate buttons.

Remove any hosted mods you have.

I have had multiple users ask for the small mods I removed from Nexus.

I explain to them my reason for removal and advise them to thank Nexus management.

If I upload my small mods elsewhere I will let those that asked know.

But Nexus has absolutely turned me off wanting to share mods period!

Well you certainly showed the Nexus by punishing the users of your mods who have nothing whatsoever to do with the captcha system.

I hope they learned their lesson?

/s

It would be even more of a pain with 10,000 Korean spambots roaming free due to no barriers in their way.

It is a PITA and I remember when Asian spambots invaded DC over 5 years ago and the current SysAdmin there told us that he actually ban a whole IP address interval e.g 175.0.0.0-175.0.0.255 (just an example).

After that DC become more normal than before he did that.

Edited by leonardo2

I tried to get access to Nexus Mods website on google chrome on my desktop but the captcha would not load at all. (After waiting 5mins the captcha still did not load).

I went on to my Android tablet on google chrome to login to Nexus Mods and the captcha loaded without fail.

(Why is this working on tablet google chrome and not desktop google chrome).

I tried a different browser on my desktop (Microsoft Edge) to try and log in to Nexus Mods website. I clicked on login and the captcha loaded without fail and I can say that I am successfully logged in to Nexus Mods website on my Android Tablet (via google chrome) and Microsoft Edge (via Desktop).

Just thought I'd share this.

Have a lovely day.

The easiest way to resolve the captcha is blacklist nexus.

Do not click any of the endorse, donate buttons.

Remove any hosted mods you have.

I have had multiple users ask for the small mods I removed from Nexus.

I explain to them my reason for removal and advise them to thank Nexus management.

If I upload my small mods elsewhere I will let those that asked know.

But Nexus has absolutely turned me off wanting to share mods period!

Well you certainly showed the Nexus by punishing the users of your mods who have nothing whatsoever to do with the captcha system.

I hope they learned their lesson?

/s

Your point is?

Gee I wonder what nexus is doing to the user, seems pretty much the same thing to me..

With the exception that I was never trying to leech money off the non supplying user in a sneaky manner.

Nexus will never learn and will only ever try to sneakily market their crapware methodology in the name of keeping the site running and try to disguise it as doing the public a favor when all they are doing is leeching clicks and funds off peoples files that are hosted here..

The rest of the non supplying users are adding their clicks via nexus gimmicks.

So bottom line is the only one who wins is nexus...

Regardless, there is no need for the captcha every log in if you flush your cache regularly.

What so every other site that is secure and doesn't use captcha every login is doing it wrong?

In regards to your flippant remark:

How dare people choose to set their OS and Browser security settings to a level so high that they're unable to use the internet. SMH

My security settings are fine, I know where my software environment stands and what resides in it.

Quite simply I do not and will not store login, passwords and history any further then the current session on any of my personal pc's.

How docile some users are, they don't give a rats ass about their privacy and will click and agree to anything and give away their processing time, resources and bandwidth to any old web site without a 2nd thought.

Good for them...

Edited by sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE

With the exception that I was never trying to leech money off the non supplying user in a sneaky manner.
Nexus will never learn and will only ever try to sneakily market their crapware methodology in the name of keeping the site running and try to disguise it as doing the public a favor when all they are doing is leeching clicks and funds off peoples files that are hosted here..
The rest of the non supplying users are adding their clicks via nexus gimmicks.
So bottom line is the only one who wins is nexus...
Regardless, there is no need for the captcha every log in if you flush your cache regularly.

Nexus branded tin-foil hats will soon be sold in our online store. Release date TBD. Please give clicks generously.