Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

Guest deleted34304850

In response to post #70357588.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

it does support fallout 4 - you're doing it wrong. i don't know how you're doing it wrong, because it's very easy, but you know users.....

Lets see install vortex

scan for games

pick Fallout 4

get unsupported message

tell me where i went wrong smartass?

bit salty that. did the name calling make you feel better about your inability to use a piece of software?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #70358033.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

In response to post #70357588.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

it does support fallout 4 - you're doing it wrong. i don't know how you're doing it wrong, because it's very easy, but you know users.....

Lets see install vortex
scan for games
pick Fallout 4
get unsupported message

tell me where i went wrong smartass?

bit salty that. did the name calling make you feel better about your inability to use a piece of software?

>very easy, but you know users.....

was only responding to the insult above....insult me and ill damn well insult you back

Guest deleted34304850

i didn't insult you, you took offence to my sarcastic response to your post of total rubbish.

i would help you, genuinely, if you bothered to post this in the vortex support forum, but you don't want help, you already declared you're using another mod manager, so run along, use that, and save the nonsense about it not supporting a game that it obviously does support. all that does is make you look ... how can i say this without you taking offence?... wrong?

much love my friend.

In response to post #70358178.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

i didn't insult you, you took offence to my sarcastic response to your post of total rubbish.

i would help you, genuinely, if you bothered to post this in the vortex support forum, but you don't want help, you already declared you're using another mod manager, so run along, use that, and save the nonsense about it not supporting a game that it obviously does support. all that does is make you look ... how can i say this without you taking offence?... wrong?

much love my friend.

if it supported the game i would not have posted ....

i have more games than Bethesda games and surprisingly enough they don't use MO/MO2(Witcher 3 for example)i would like to trust/learn use this manager but if it cant support one of the biggest titles in games with fallout 4(going off personal experience) how can i trust it will actually work for ANY game?

Screenshot for any who don't believe
https://imgur.com/a/DP2zaUg
Edited by Gygax82

Guest deleted34304850

S'funny because I've been using vortex to mod fallout 4 for about a year and it works seamlessly. what to do?

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

In response to post #70358178.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

much love my friend.

if it supported the game i would not have posted ....

i have more games than Bethesda games and surprisingly enough they don't use MO/MO2(Witcher 3 for example)i would like to trust/learn use this manager but if it cant support one of the biggest titles in games with fallout 4(going off personal experience) how can i trust it will actually work for ANY game?

Screenshot for any who don't believe

https://imgur.com/a/DP2zaUg

If you read the whole message, you'll see that it says that "Symlink Deployment" is incompatible with FO4, not Vortex. You can change to another deployment method in Vortex's settings; the best one would be "Hardlink Deployment". Be aware that that requires the Mod Staging Folder (also found in Settings) to be on the same drive as the game.

I recommend reading through the in-app documentation before proceeding, as Vortex works a lot differently than other mod managers, especially NMM.

In response to post #70361593.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

S'funny because I've been using vortex to mod fallout 4 for about a year and it works seamlessly. what to do?

good for you...

since it wont work for me i must find other ways of managing mods since vortex is broke(its like NMM all over again EG: works for some and not others)
i backed up my claim with a screenshot in case any vortex fanboys want to claim i'm lying(like you appear to be doing...i could be wrong)
but since it wont work for(my) fallout 4 i cant trust it to work for any of the games it claims to work for

look at it this way:
you take your car a garage and they claim to have fixed the issues it was having and yet before the end of the day the issues have returned would you go back to that mechanic ?
no you would not
that's how i am looking at vortex its making a claim that it can do all these things and yet when i try and use it it contradicts those claims instantly ergo its broken and broken things get thrown in the trash

enjoy your working copy of vortex
i will have to find other avenues of modding the games i have

Guest deleted34304850

a working copy of vortex? are you saying that there are "copies" of vortex that don't work?

look, if you want help with your issues, open a ticket in vortex support and you'll get help. but i don't think you want to do that, do you? after all you are using another mod manager, yet still coming out with nonsense about vortex for some reason known only to you and the lord above.

also, that analogy about the car doesn't work.

here's a better one.

a user puts zero effort into understanding how a product works. because they don't put the effort in and cannot make the product do what they want it to do - they instantly blame the product - because after all - it cannot be them. the product is obviously broken because they don't need to educate themselves, they simply need to double click and make it do their bidding.

that's the analogy you want right there. its not about cars to the garage. its about investing a little time in self education. no more, no less.

vortex supports fallout 4 - all "copies" of vortex support fallout 4. there are no "copies" out there that don't. there are however, users who cannot make the program work. this is known as PEBCAK. it's a lot more common than you think.

if you're suffering from PEBCAK, head on over to the vortex support forum and get the help you deserve. :)

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

In response to post #70364178.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

a working copy of vortex? are you saying that there are "copies" of vortex that don't work?

look, if you want help with your issues, open a ticket in vortex support and you'll get help. but i don't think you want to do that, do you? after all you are using another mod manager, yet still coming out with nonsense about vortex for some reason known only to you and the lord above.

here's a better one.

a user puts zero effort into understanding how a product works. because they don't put the effort in and cannot make the product do what they want it to do - they instantly blame the product - because after all - it cannot be them. the product is obviously broken because they don't need to educate themselves, they simply need to double click and make it do their bidding.

that's the analogy you want right there. its not about cars to the garage. its about investing a little time in self education. no more, no less.

vortex supports fallout 4 - all "copies" of vortex support fallout 4. there are no "copies" out there that don't. there are however, users who cannot make the program work. this is known as PEBCAK. it's a lot more common than you think.

if you're suffering from PEBCAK, head on over to the vortex support forum and get the help you deserve. :)

i have no faith in it as soon as its installed it throws an error? yeah ill pass on that it just screams avoid at all costs to me(last time i had a piece of software do this it screwed up my system to the point it needed a fresh install windows XP)

to those who it works for.....good luck your going to need it

In response to post #70364178. #70365108 is also a reply to the same post.

1ae0bfb8 wrote:

here's a better one.

Gygax82 wrote: i have no faith in it as soon as its installed it throws an error? yeah ill pass on that it just screams avoid at all costs to me(last time i had a piece of software do this it screwed up my system to the point it needed a fresh install windows XP)

to those who it works for.....good luck your going to need it

i was going to use it for a horizon install of fallout 4 and witcher 3 now i will just find other workarounds but claiming it always works is a false statement its not a bad install i did everything that it needed to work and it failed right out of the box

i've been modding games since 1998/9 with baldurs gate and in those days it was weidu installers(man where those fun) so it not PEBCAK or PICNIC issue i followed the install instructions and it failed it says it incompatible with fallout 4 so be it i have other mod managers i can use ....it would have been nice to have an extra option but that not going to happen now