Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #64241631.

PaulStand wrote: Will we be able to get our Script Extenders to work with this soon? - If done already how do we get it to work! - Thanks

Vortex has in the past and does now handle script extenders through its tools menu. I am currently running script extenders for Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Skyrim SE.

Instructions for setting up these tools are available on the Nexus Wiki. Click the link "helpful documentation" found in the news release above.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64241631. #64242206 is also a reply to the same post.

PaulStand wrote: Will we be able to get our Script Extenders to work with this soon? - If done already how do we get it to work! - Thanks
Augusta Calidia wrote: Vortex has in the past and does now handle script extenders through its tools menu. I am currently running script extenders for Fallout 3, Fallout 4, and Skyrim SE.

Instructions for setting up these tools are available on the Nexus Wiki. Click the link "helpful documentation" found in the news release above.

One of my favorite things about Vortex is you can install both Script Extenders and ENBs for Bethesda games in Vortex itself :D

Vortex only sees one game install, the Steam version of FONV. I also have the GoG version installed. My assumption is that it no longer actually scans your drives for game folder but merely reads stuff from C:\USERS\[username]\[game]. It also won't import my NMM setup for NMM which is installed 100% default on the same drive as the Stream library. The program also looks like its meant for tablets which is pretty silly..not an attractive UI at all, very busy and too many screens. Edited by psycros

Beta, nice! I've been using Vortex through several revisions now and am happy with it. Unfortunately, my particular learning skills and a lack of free time aren't conducive to figuring things out on my own. No doubt I'm clueless on a lot of the available features and how best to use them. Is there an updated user guide, or even better, a leisurely video walkthrough available? Thank you and keep up the terrific work.

In response to post #64242946.

OhPa wrote: Beta, nice! I've been using Vortex through several revisions now and am happy with it. Unfortunately, my particular learning skills and a lack of free time aren't conducive to figuring things out on my own. No doubt I'm clueless on a lot of the available features and how best to use them. Is there an updated user guide, or even better, a leisurely video walkthrough available? Thank you and keep up the terrific work.

We have linked to the wiki for Vortex in the article.