Official Vortex Beta Release

Dark0ne

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64250851.

TheGreatFalro wrote:

Hey Nexus team, thanks for this. I'm sadly one of the people that does not identify with Vortex; I'd just like to know whether it'd be possible to allow us to choose the manager we want to download with upon clicking the "Download with Manager" button, in the future, instead of just making it no longer compatible with NMM. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm a noob when it comes to things like this. :-)

The download button is still compatible with all current mod managers, including NMM. They simply changed the text of the message.

Thanks for your answer. My question was aimed at this bit from the original post:

Of course, older versions of these programs will no longer be able to download directly from Nexus Mods after this time, but they will still work for manual mod installations.

Just wondering whether it would be possible to still keep NMM as the "download with manager" manager or if the transition is, indeed, necessary. Edited by LSiwora

In response to post #64250851. #64250896 is also a reply to the same post.

TheGreatFalro wrote:

Hey Nexus team, thanks for this. I'm sadly one of the people that does not identify with Vortex; I'd just like to know whether it'd be possible to allow us to choose the manager we want to download with upon clicking the "Download with Manager" button, in the future, instead of just making it no longer compatible with NMM. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm a noob when it comes to things like this. :-)

The download button is still compatible with all current mod managers, including NMM. They simply changed the text of the message.

LSiwora wrote: Thanks for your answer. My question was aimed at this bit from the original post:

Of course, older versions of these programs will no longer be able to download directly from Nexus Mods after this time, but they will still work for manual mod installations.

Just wondering whether it would be possible to still keep NMM as the "download with manager" manager or if the transition is, indeed, necessary.

I see your confusion. That statement is actually referring to the future changes to the Nexus API, which are still a while off. In addition, this will only affect outdated versions of NMM and others. NMM is still being developed and updated on the GitHub, just not by the Nexus staff.

In response to post #64250851. #64250896, #64250931 are all replies on the same post.

TheGreatFalro wrote:

LSiwora wrote: Thanks for your answer. My question was aimed at this bit from the original post:

Just wondering whether it would be possible to still keep NMM as the "download with manager" manager or if the transition is, indeed, necessary.
TheGreatFalro wrote: I see your confusion. That statement is actually referring to the future changes to the Nexus API, which are still a while off. In addition, this will only affect outdated versions of NMM and others. NMM is still being developed and updated on the GitHub, just not by the Nexus staff.

Aaaaaah, that's actually good news! Thanks! I'll keep an eye on GitHub, then. :-)

In response to post #64250831.

LSiwora wrote: Hey Nexus team, thanks for this. I'm sadly one of the people that does not identify with Vortex; I'd just like to know whether it'd be possible to allow us to choose the manager we want to download with upon clicking the "Download with Manager" button, in the future, instead of just making it no longer compatible with NMM. Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm a noob when it comes to things like this. :-)

What particularly do you not identify with when it comes to Vortex, if I might ask? Not asking to be rude, I’m just analytical by nature. :)