I have absolutely zero confidence in TES 6.

ZakiTaki

If this game meets one or all of my below conditions :

- No free modding as we do have now with Skyrim and Fallout

- Mods only available in the CC Beth

… then my money will stay in my wallet. Not interested at all and most likely, it won't meet IMHO, what we have now or what we are expecting.

On the other hand, if this game is out meeting my below conditions, then it will be sold and played by even more millions than ever :

- Free modding

- CC optional

- Excellent graphics like Assassin Creed Odyssey ( I guess I am dreaming here … lol … )

- Excellent bug fixes like Assassin Creed Odyssey

- Fully tested before going out for sale so minimum impact with some initial bugs

- Via Steam ( yes, Beth will probably want us to only acquire this game in their website … I won't be surprised )

- Addition of DLC's to expand it to other Tamriel areas ( assuming that the original game is not covering the entire map …. again, I am dreaming … lol … )

… if so, I will buy the Gold Edition and keep playing this game for as long as I live and Beth will redeem itself and be praised as a good game developer. It won't depend on us ( players ) but them. We have been asking for TESVI with all of those conditions and more. If they do not deliver, then they do not care about what we want so why in the seven heaven would I expend my money on this game ? There is not a mid gray ground here. Either they lose or win.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the success they had with Skyrim, I would expect them to stick with a winning formula. So if you didn't like Skyrim then you probably won't like ES6.

If they give me what I want - offline and fairly typical Elder Scrolls and modifiable, I'll buy a new PC just to play it and mod it. If they don't give me what I want, then I'll buy another guitar instead and maybe pickup a copy of es6 on XB1 after it goes on sale and after reading enough reviews to convince me that I might want to play it at least once.

A big worry I have is, they seem to keep finding a way to dumb down the RPG aspect more and more and turning their games into FPS.
Like the difference between Mass Effect 1, vs 2 and 3

Morrowind -

Create your own spells (some ridiculous ones too, by making potion that increase INT, then drinking those and making more etc, until you could create a fireball that could engulf Balmora)
Fight in, and underwater (which led so some great strategies such as casting a custom made, long-lasting BURDEN spell on someone underwater so they would drown, or just punching them unconscious for the same effect)
Cast spells in, and underwater (Burden Spell as previously mentioned)
Enchanting
Skills - 27
Stats
Guild Mastery AFTER doing a TON of Quests, (somne Fed Ex), along with being REQUIRED to meet certain Skill levels in order to go up a rank, also, not being able to be Guild Master of every single Guild)

Oblivion -

Create your own spells
Fight in, and underwater
Skills - 21
Stats
Guild Mastery - still involved but you can become Master of all Guilds (IIRC)

Skyrim -

Enchanting
Skills - 18
Guild Mastery of every guild very quickly, (Thieves Guild takes the longest)
Perks
Shouts

A big worry I have is, they seem to keep finding a way to dumb down the RPG aspect more and more and turning their games into FPS.

Morrowind -

Create your own spells (some ridiculous ones too, by making potion that increase INT, then drinking those and making more etc, until you could create a fireball that could engulf Balmora)

Fight in, and underwater (which led so some great strategies such as casting a custom made, long-lasting BURDEN spell on someone underwater so they would drown, or just punching them unconscious for the same effect)

Enchanting

Skills - 27

Stats

Guild Mastery AFTER doing a TON of Quests, (somne Fed Ex), along with being REQUIRED to meet certain Skill levels in order to go up a rank, also, not being able to be Guild Master of every single Guild)

Oblivion -

Create your own spells

Fight in, and underwater

Skills - 21

Stats

Skyrim -

Enchanting

Skills - 18

Perks

Shouts

Enchanting got gimped in a major way in Skyrim. I really disliked the way that it worked...... (but, not enough to learn papyrus, and fix it......) And I don't think there was spellmaking of any description....... Or am I forgetting something?

Yeah, Morrowind had some truly fun exploits. Making Potions of Fortify Intelligence 10,000 points, for 20 gazillion seconds made for easy enchanting and spellmaking.... could make some truly outrageous spells..... but, don't let the affects wear off when you would end up in negative numbers for mana. (or health.....) My personal favorite item was a ring of absorb health, 30 ft radius, 20 points per second. Just walk around, and things die. :) Don't wear it in town though. Bad scene. :D

Enchanting got gimped in a major way in Skyrim. I really disliked the way that it worked...... (but, not enough to learn papyrus, and fix it......) And I don't think there was spellmaking of any description....... Or am I forgetting something?

Yeah, Morrowind had some truly fun exploits. Making Potions of Fortify Intelligence 10,000 points, for 20 gazillion seconds made for easy enchanting and spellmaking.... could make some truly outrageous spells..... but, don't let the affects wear off when you would end up in negative numbers for mana. (or health.....) My personal favorite item was a ring of absorb health, 30 ft radius, 20 points per second. Just walk around, and things die. :smile: Don't wear it in town though. Bad scene. :D

Right! I forgot about the Rings.

Also, you could make a ring that absorbed the wearer's health, and then sell it to a vendor, who would promptly put it on and die.

As far as leveling and character building go in TES6, I hope to hell we get stats back. I don't like how they replaced stats with perks in Skyrim. Also, GIVE US A PROPER IN-GAME MAP! There's no roads in the vanilla map for Skyrim, forcing people to mod them in! I found myself getting lost all too often. And I still haven't finished the main quest yet. I barely touch Skyrim anyway. Hell, I've got a backlog of games I've still never played.

I'm surprised you didn't mention the fact that Oxhorn has actively gone after other Youtube channels and had them shut them, for daring to openly criticize him, or the snake-oil tactics he's employed by selling "beard growing" pills to his impressionable 'fans'.

Or unsurprisingly, the time when he uploaded a settlement blueprint to the Nexus and included other mod authors content in his download, then acted somewhat dismissively when it was pointed out to him. People like him do not give a flying frag about mods/mod authors/the modding community generally speaking. The same as when Youtuber ESO started uploading mods (that didn't belong to him) onto ModDrop, before beating a hasty retreat/backpedalling when the inevitable backlash about it hit him and his channel.

I was so caught up in Oxhorn's rampant bigotry that I forgot to mention the power trips and bogus beard growth pills. He shuts down other YouTubers for criticizing and even correcting him. And I wonder how many people were unfortunate to actually buy those beard pills. If there's a sucker born every minute like P.T. Barnum said, then I bet some neckbearded hipsters got suckered into buying this crap. I sure as f*** wouldn't as I hate having facial hair and body hair PERIOD. YUCK! Always have! I'd rather laser and hormone it away and be done with it.

I also forgot to mention how he filmed a teenage girl (itself already creepy enough) and then fat-shamed her. This is a 40-year-old man who doesn't look like he's said no to a donut or done a sit-up in twenty years! What a creep!

As for the bigotry, I wouldn't be surprised if Oxhorn is a closeted gay man himself. You know how the loudest homophobes are always in the closet themselves? I bet he's so far in that he's finding all the Christmas presents his parents never bought him. It's a matter of time before he's caught looking up guys on Grindr or perhaps some bear dating site. Even if that's not the case, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a transphobe, too, and less so if he's caught with his pants down like Alex Jones was. If it happens while he's livestreaming, I'll laugh my ass off. If the loudest transphobes aren't unhatched eggs themselves (which seems unlikely in Oxhorn's case), they're turned on by the notion of schtupping a trans woman (and it seems to always be straight cis guys for some reason). And they lash out violently when confronted with such desires because they're scared that admitting it will make them gay. IT f***ing DOESN'T! These aren't drag queens we're talking about here! There's no un-dragging with a trans girl; what you see is what you get. Totally different ballgame from the cis man who dresses as a woman usually, though not always, for entertainment purposes. And "traps" don't exist, either. Anyone who believes that dangerous myth must have watched too many Wile E. Coyote cartoons; nobody or their dog is going to spend years of transitioning just so they can trick someone into sleeping with them!

Edited by WeissYohji

… then my money will stay in my wallet. Not interested at all and most likely, it won't meet IMHO, what we have now or what we are expecting.

I feel exactly the same but I fully expect these to be true except maybe Online. I believe that Fallout 76 represents a fundamental & most likely irreversible paradigm shift. Bethesda's actions suggest that they accomplished everything they set out to do with 76 and they are satisfied.

I do not believe there will be a Creation Kit for TESVI/Fallout 5/Starfield, aside from authors in Creation Club who probably will use the official BGS Dev editor. No public release. I did not buy 76 and at this point I won't be buying the future games at release, they won't be considered until a CK is released. Without any form of modding, I don't care about the games.

On the other hand, if this game is out meeting my below conditions, then it will be sold and played by even more millions than ever :

- Free modding

- CC optional

- Excellent graphics like Assassin Creed Odyssey ( I guess I am dreaming here … lol … )

- Fully tested before going out for sale so minimum impact with some initial bugs

- Via Steam ( yes, Beth will probably want us to only acquire this game in their website … I won't be surprised )

- Addition of DLC's to expand it to other Tamriel areas ( assuming that the original game is not covering the entire map …. again, I am dreaming … lol … )

… if so, I will buy the Gold Edition and keep playing this game for as long as I live and Beth will redeem itself and be praised as a good game developer. It won't depend on us ( players ) but them. We have been asking for TESVI with all of those conditions and more. If they do not deliver, then they do not care about what we want so why in the seven heaven would I expend my money on this game ? There is not a mid gray ground here. Either they lose or win.

Agreed.

Morrowind -

Enchanting

Skills - 27

Stats

Oblivion -

Create your own spells

Fight in, and underwater

Skills - 21

Stats

Skyrim -

Enchanting

Skills - 18

Perks

Shouts

I notice this also. I worry that TES VI will basically have Assassin's Creed style character development. Just perks, leveling, and "Uncommon/Rare/Epic/Legendary" style gear. No skills, or just throwing a couple perk points to unlock "Master".

I feel exactly the same but I fully expect these to be true except maybe Online. I believe that Fallout 76 represents a fundamental & most likely irreversible paradigm shift. Bethesda's actions suggest that they accomplished everything they set out to do with 76 and they are satisfied.

I do not believe there will be a Creation Kit for TESVI/Fallout 5/Starfield, aside from authors in Creation Club who probably will use the official BGS Dev editor. No public release. I did not buy 76 and at this point I won't be buying the future games at release, they won't be considered until a CK is released. Without any form of modding, I don't care about the games.

- Free modding

- CC optional

Agreed.

Morrowind -

Enchanting

Skills - 27

Stats

Oblivion -

Create your own spells

Fight in, and underwater

Skills - 21

Stats

Skyrim -

Enchanting

Skills - 18

Perks

Shouts

I notice this also. I worry that TES VI will basically have Assassin's Creed style character development. Just perks, leveling, and "Uncommon/Rare/Epic/Legendary" style gear. No skills, or just throwing a couple perk points to unlock "Master".

There will be three skills, stealth, magic, and combat, and perks to go with 'em........

It would be nice if beth would actually put out another real RPG, but, that is a pretty forlorn hope. I am just hoping that they don't get any more 'streamlined' than Skyrim.....

There will be three skills, stealth, magic, and combat, and perks to go with 'em........

It would be nice if beth would actually put out another real RPG, but, that is a pretty forlorn hope. I am just hoping that they don't get any more 'streamlined' than Skyrim.....

That would be inline with AC Odyssey, which has basically 3 skill trees. Warrior, Hunter, Assassin.

ACO is fun sometimes but I don't have any confidence in a Bethesda made AC clone(that won't even have climbing anyways). I think their plan is probably to have the game stand on its own without any form of modding and as a pure Character Action game(little to no RPG mechanics). They would need Dark Souls/Bloodborne level combat for it to carry a game even more streamlined than Skyrim and I see nothing to suggest this is attainable for BGS. Plus that would be if it was releasing right now, by the time it releases likely the bar will have gone up further. CDPR will have released Cyberpunk 2077 and probably already the next full game before or around the time that TES VI will be releasing(likely around 2025), FromSoft will continue to evolve their combat.

Due to the success they had with Skyrim, I would expect them to stick with a winning formula. So if you didn't like Skyrim then you probably won't like ES6.

If they give me what I want - offline and fairly typical Elder Scrolls and modifiable, I'll buy a new PC just to play it and mod it. If they don't give me what I want, then I'll buy another guitar instead and maybe pickup a copy of es6 on XB1 after it goes on sale and after reading enough reviews to convince me that I might want to play it at least once.

I think Skyrim's success may be a part of the problem, it seems to me that due to the PS3/360 sales where mods weren't possible that BGS probably have concluded that the game would have done equally well without any mod support at all & from seeing the Games as a Service trends believing that microtransactions can fully replace it. Fallout 76 to me represents Bethesda betting all-in on this belief & trying to fully leave behind their earlier model. I didn't enjoy vanilla Skyrim but I do like modded Skyrim, modders have solved a lot of what I don't like about vanilla Skyrim. I will definitely not buy Elder Scrolls 6 if it will not be modifiable. Fallout 76 & Blades convince me that there is no appeal in their future games unless unrestricted modding support will be in. Without modding support in future games I will simply instead play other games like Cyberpunk 2077/future CDPR games, FromSoftware games, Obsidian games, Legend of Zelda, Fire Emblem, Persona. There are plenty of alternatives so I am prepared to not buy BGS games in the future, I passed on Fallout 76.

I'd be very surprised if there were no CK or equivalent editor. If they stop the free modding in favor of Creation Club, what they would actually be doing is drying up the talent pool they want to draw from for CC. They will need new blood in CC. whether because of people leaving or just running out of ideas, there will be turnover. I expect the CK will arrive late like always, and CC could have as much as a years head start on free modders, but I do believe they will release an editor for ES6.