Star Trek Picard

blake00

It's had a troubled production but I'm cautiously optimistic now that Kurtzman has been sidelined.

That was fake news. He's still the show runner.

Michael Chabon is the showrunner.

my bad!

------------

Oooooh looks like Robert Picardo, the EMH Doctor from Voyager might be in Star Trek Picard too. God this show opens up so many cool things for not just TNG fans but Voyager and DS9 fans too!

Edited by blake00

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

RED ALERT! We've got another new trailer. The beard is back! The old uniforms make a cameo! 7 of 9 is doing her Ronin thing. And we introduce the most hated admiral in Star Trek history haha!

US:

People like me outside of US:

Edited by blake00

It looks promising with a mix of old and new cast. Will someone let me know if it's good or not when it comes out? I just can't support this CBS All Access thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Wikipedia: "Amazon Prime Video will stream the episodes within 24 hours of their U.S. release in over 200 other countries and territories around the world"

There will be 10 episodes. If you don't have Amazon Prime, wait till the last episode is out, subscribe to the free month, take a day off, watch all 10, cancel free month. Engage.

• 3 months later...

I've seen the first ep now too.

My thoughts (SPOILER ALERT):

I loved the opening shot with the camera closing in on the Enterprise D (which had some interesting design modifications) and going through the window into to the room.. the kind of shot you always wanted to see as a kid watching TNG but knew they couldn't really do effectively (well not without spending some heavy money lol, which is kind of ironic considering the 60s failed trek pilot sort of has a camera through bridge window shot)..

I enjoyed the whole episode but I feel like I can't quite give judgement yet. I need to know more about what's going on and need to see how things pan out story wise.

Also the zero mention of Lal and Lore seems a bit strange in a world where the daystrom institute desperately wanted to replicate Data. I mean what happened to their parts after they were disassembled? B4 was in a drawer so where's the Lal and Lore drawers haha?

First thought was.. did the writers forget them?.. but that seems unlikely consider they brought Hugh back which means they clearly remember Descent 1 & 2 which Lore was in. The whole Daughter 2.0 storyline suggests the Lal episode is something they know too. Plus Frakes directed that one and he's involved in Picard.
Edited by blake00

I saw the first one and I'm in no hurry to see the second, I was cautiously optimistic but no, it didn't feel like Star Trek, too many things made no sense and while it was nice to see Picard he came across as well past his best. It might get better but I remember saying the same thing about Discovery and that somehow managed to get worse.