Archive Invalidation for Fallout 3 and New Vegas Not Working

KUPOinyourWINDOW

So when I go to the dashboard of Vortex for both Fallout 3 and New Vegas and I click to turn Archive Invalidation on, and then go to install texture packs, it doesn't seem to work.

So I'll give the example of New Vegas because it's the most recent attempt I made.

I installed NMC's texture pack as a base, then installed Ojo Buenno on top and made sure the rules are set properly so Ojo Buenno loads after and overwrites some of NMC.

However in-game I ONLY see NMC's texture pack being used.

Disabling and re-enabling Vortex Archive Invalidation in my mods tab doesn't change anything at all, neither does manually deploying.

My fallout_default.ini AND fallout.ini for Fallout 3 and New Vegas both have:

[Archive]
SMasterMiscArchiveFileName=Fallout - Misc.bsa
SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName1=Fallout - Voices.bsa
SMasterVoicesArchiveFileName2=Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa
SMasterSoundsArchiveFileName=Fallout - Sound.bsa
SMasterTexturesArchiveFileName1=Fallout - Textures.bsa
SMasterMeshesArchiveFileName=Fallout - Meshes.bsa
SInvalidationFile=
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1
iRetainFilenameStringTable=1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
bUseArchives=1
SArchiveList=Vortex - BSA Redirection.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa
but with perhaps a few changes in SArchiveList and such because they are different games.
What's going on here, who else has ran into this and what can I do to fix it.
Thank you for your time, and for baring with my noobiness!

If your INI's are correctly configured and your game data folders contain the correct AI files, then Zanderat is correct - your game is the issue, not Vortex. Vortex archive invalidation works for me in both Fallout 3 and Fallout NV, and I'm using the same settings and files that you're using.

Have you deployed after installing Vortex AI? I don't know if that's needed or not, but it wouldn't hurt to try it.

If you can't get Vortex AI to work, you might want to try the old tried and true "ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated" mod found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/944.

• 1 month later...