Steam Launching when launching with SKSE64loader

BEGaming
Go to solution Solved by DoctorKaizeld,

Afternoon,

I am a very green modder and have already come across something i'm doing wrong! :rolleyes: :laugh:

I'm using Vortex because i'm new to modding. I've watched countless training videos and read as much as I could before I even downloaded vortex. So much so, even my wife has learn't enough to be helping me with the large learning curve of modding Skyrim SE. Large for me that is. :laugh:

I've downloaded vortex and set hard-link deployment with vortex staging folder. I have and entire 2TB 'D' drive sole dedicated for modding SkyrimSE. Set the downloads folder and made sure both game and Mod staging folder are on my D drive. Downloaded the script extender SKSE64 (my one and only mod). It is deployed in my mods list and I've copied across the relevant files to the game folder.

I've set SKSE64 in the dashboard to use SKSE64launcher and made it primary. Initially, the game launched just fine and I checked in game to see if SKSE64 was working fine and to my shocked disbelief, it was working perfectly. HOWEVER, When I try to launch SKSE64 from the dashboard again, the game doesn't launch and steam pops up with log into steam page. I believe steam should have nothing to do with Vortex and running SKSE64Launcher?

I know there is something very simple I'm doing wrong, please help! I can't even seem to get one mod right! Even after following provided instructions. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: o_O :smile: