Button links not responding

Bouitaz

Having issues on Firefox mobile on Android (version 68.11.0) when yesterday I didn't (links on the mod page are not responsive, such as attempting to switch from the description to the comments, and neither is the header bar). Having similar issues with pulling the site up through the google bar, or Ecoasia's mobile browser as well.

Same issues with Waterfox Classic 64 bit (most recent update) on my laptop (Win 7), although some mod pages with many images don't load all the way. Actually I just attempted desktop mode in Firefox mobile and having the same issue here as well in regards to that.

When I get the chance I'll try the regular/newer Waterfox or Firefox on my laptop and see if those have issues at all.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well .. using Palemoon here .. same issue as everyone else .. 99% of the 'button links' don't work ...

the error console reports

Error: SyntaxError: expected expression, got '?'
Source File: h t t p s://www.nexusmods.com/Contents/Scripts/BBoC-632fe1bbb4523f47005a70923224f8b517fb933e.js
Line: 734, Column: 77

-- and several --

Error: ReferenceError: $ is not defined

Edited by skittered

From what we can tell some kind of update to either browsers or your security apps has made it so jQuery is being blocked on our site. I've not been able to replicate it but it seems to happen mostly in Mozilla browsers.

my firefox blocked from updating and the only security i use is AV, all pre-build windows stuff (along with auto updates) is disabled, nothing should update on my machine automatically, yet here we are... disabling AV also change nothing

Guest deleted34304850

From what we can tell some kind of update to either browsers or your security apps has made it so jQuery is being blocked on our site. I've not been able to replicate it but it seems to happen mostly in Mozilla browsers.

download and install pale moon. start it. no mods. go to nexusmods - top set of links no longer work.

There have been no updates on the client side (at least in the case of my machines), this would have to be server related. Changes would have gone live between 9am-9:30am UTC on Friday.

Should be very easy to test, just download waterfox classic or an older version of chrome pre version 80 (broken in 79). Considering it affects mozilla based browsers and older chrome rules out only blaming mozilla.

Edited by veekay

Everything worked fine on March 4 .. 2 days after my browser got an update .. Pale Moon .. then, some time in the middle of March 5, the button links break .... Pale Moon still the same version from the update 2 days before March 4 ..

.. the javascript interpreter suddenly throws a syntax error into the console .. which causes other errors (apparently related to jQuery) to also get thrown .. and anything that isn't a hardcoded link breaks .. and my browser is still the same version as it was on March 4 .. please explain how it's a browser issue?

Edited by skittered

I have just done a fresh install of Fire Fox (recently reinstalled Windows 10 and didn't have it on my system since then), version 86.0. I cannot reproduce this issue.

What I have done:

1. Downloaded Firefox, installed it and run it
  2. Logged into Nexus Mods with my user details
  3. Navigated to "Skyrim" - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim
  4. Clicked the first hot file - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106722
  5. Clicked the "manual download" button in the file header (but also tried the "Files" tab, which works)
  6. Clicked "Slow Download"
  7. The download prompt starts and my file downloads as it should.

I've also tried clicking everything in the site header - it all works.

If this is still an issue, please can people clarify how to reproduce it (or whether the steps I listed above don't work you?).

There is also a possibility that the JS has become corrupted on one of your local CloudFlare nodes, which is why it works for a lot of our users still but not for you guys in this thread - if you're all in the same area/country and the JS on your local node has "gone bad", I guess that is a possibility.