Button links not responding

Bouitaz

I have just done a fresh install of Fire Fox (recently reinstalled Windows 10 and didn't have it on my system since then), version 86.0. I cannot reproduce this issue.

What I have done:

1. Downloaded Firefox, installed it and run it
  2. Logged into Nexus Mods with my user details
  3. Navigated to "Skyrim" - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim
  4. Clicked the first hot file - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106722
  5. Clicked the "manual download" button in the file header (but also tried the "Files" tab, which works)
  6. Clicked "Slow Download"
  7. The download prompt starts and my file downloads as it should.

I've also tried clicking everything in the site header - it all works.

If this is still an issue, please can people clarify how to reproduce it (or whether the steps I listed above don't work you?).

There is also a possibility that the JS has become corrupted on one of your local CloudFlare nodes, which is why it works for a lot of our users still but not for you guys in this thread - if you're all in the same area/country and the JS on your local node has "gone bad", I guess that is a possibility.

I can not navigate normally to skyrim (or any game since the header wont open, nor does any of the games show on the main homepage, though clicking your link(or writing in the URL manually) does work, and once there through that way I can get to the individual mods, but I can't download manually (and I don't have an mod manager installed ATM, as I have not been playing any modded game recently, but am more using the site jsut to check up on comments for mainly the 2 mods I converted to SSE). Also the pictures on the mod page doesn't "compress" so have to scroll a LOOOONG way to get past all the pictures to the mod info also.

As I said earlier I am on Waterfox Classic 2021.02 (64-bit) and I am from Denmark (not using any VPN, or anything like that to hide/change my IP). Disabling my anti-virus and restarting my browser with all extensions disabled does not change anything either

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

I have just done a fresh install of Fire Fox (recently reinstalled Windows 10 and didn't have it on my system since then), version 86.0. I cannot reproduce this issue.

What I have done:

1. Downloaded Firefox, installed it and run it
  2. Logged into Nexus Mods with my user details
  3. Navigated to "Skyrim" - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim
  4. Clicked the first hot file - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106722
  5. Clicked the "manual download" button in the file header (but also tried the "Files" tab, which works)
  6. Clicked "Slow Download"
  7. The download prompt starts and my file downloads as it should.

I've also tried clicking everything in the site header - it all works.

If this is still an issue, please can people clarify how to reproduce it (or whether the steps I listed above don't work you?).

There is also a possibility that the JS has become corrupted on one of your local CloudFlare nodes, which is why it works for a lot of our users still but not for you guys in this thread - if you're all in the same area/country and the JS on your local node has "gone bad", I guess that is a possibility.

site works fine for me under chrome/firefox/edge.

if i use palemoon - fresh download - no extensions etc installed to it - top part of site doesn't work at all.

seems to be something very browser specific - as a work around, i'd suggest people use one of the more popular browsers.

Ok, so we can replicate this issue on Pale Moon but not on FireFox.

We only officially support the three major browsers (Chrome, Fire Fox and IE) and we are in the process of dropping support for old and antiquated browsers (for example, we are dropping support for IE11 which is now 8 years old).

We have reverted the code which broke Pale Moon for this weekend so please let us know if it's working again.

However, this issue has come from the fact Pale Moon is not as up-to-date as FireFox. Palemoon is a fork from an old version of Firefox and doesn’t keep as up to date because it's maintained by somebody other than Mozilla. These sorts of things are going to happen when browser support is not kept up-to-date, both by users and by the browser developers.

As was mentioned, "current" browsers work fine, which means Firefox 86 (Or Waterfox current are fine). It is only an issue with things running older code.

Waterfox classic is based on Firefox 56, but with all security updates. Old code base, modern security. Chrome pre-80 is of course old, but not based on anything Mozilla. I only use Chrome when needed so my version was really old since I keep the updates turned off.