We have a name! And a Q&A session with Tannin regarding the new mod manager.

Dark0ne

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #49985947. #49987062, #49988082 are all replies on the same post.

Dorryn wrote: Will Vortex be able to handle mod priorities like MO did, with drag-n-drop?
RDubon wrote: Hope so otherwise their new mod manager would be no different than current nexus, i personally can live without mod organizer style virtualisation but mod priorities is a must in my book.
Gruftlord wrote: From how i understood the explanation by Tannin on a technical level: yes.

If it doesn't have that feature it's not worth installing, in my opinion. I'll just stick with Mod Organizer.

@Robin and Tannin,

Thanks for the information! I've been wondering about this development.

I don't know how the alpha candidates will be chosen, but keep the STEP Staff in mind. Being an admin of the project now, I'd love to get my hands on Vortex early to install the STEP Guide with it. We've been curious if we'll be able to replace MO with Vortex. I can provide my time to see how things run and suggest fixes/improvements. I'm sure a few of our moderators would be interested as well.

Great to hear from you both!

I don't really see any good reasoning or meaning behind the name "Vortex." It sounds like a name a teenager would come up with because they think it sounds cool. Likely most of the people that voted on that name in a pole were teenagers and teenagers likely make up a majority of the community (maybe except for the majority of mod authors).

Like mentioned in another post, it's fairly easy to make jokes about the name. Maybe you can get away with a made up name like a lot of products and companies, but nobody is really going to grasp what Vortex is or the meaning. At the core nature and complexity of what this tool is, a single word for it's name isn't all that great an idea. I couldn't help but cringe when I heard the name you all decided on. I just hope it isn't final.

Edited by NightroModzz