Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

In response to post #65041916.

Oumachou wrote: Hi, is the 2 MB speed boost for supporters still not active in Vortex? Thanks

E: Nevermind, it just took a few hours to update speed from 1MB cap to 2 8)

How can you verify that it works? My vortex download graph won't show anything above 1MB, and the "active downloads" indicator in the left corner only displays 992KB, at most. Never more than 1MB.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #64775336. #65075281 is also a reply to the same post.

Wufaris wrote: So if I turn off my ad blockers i'll immediately get 2MB/Sec download speeds when installing mods? I've had ad blockers running for a long time but if it helps the nexus I can turn them off as I use this website quite frequently.
Pickysaurus wrote: There'd be a short cooldown but yes, you should see the benefits soon after turning it off :)

Can't you just whitelist this site? This way you can keep letting them ad incomes rolling for sites like this, without needing to constantly switch it on and off.

In response to post #64915481.

Jonnecy wrote: ...have active Premium and still getting no more than a few hundred kb/s on manual downloads.
thx

Are you sure it's not on your side? I'm not saying it is, because i had a few such days, but this site has given me pretty well capped download speeds since i joined. I've also heard claims like that pretty rarely, of which at least two cases ended up being on user side.

In response to post #64618421.

WildCard007 wrote:

I'd like some help. I was downloading a 6 gb file and it was taking forever. I was about to upgrade to premium for life then decided to try one month to see how it went. I haven't noticed a difference in speeds at all. The highest I've seen is 224 kb/s next is 64 kb/s and lowest is 0 kb/s. It varies throughout those constantly but won't improve at all even with Vortex restarted and logged out and logged back into my account. It even shows premium on vortex and my profile on NMM but still no difference. I don't know who to go to about this but it makes me glad I didn't go for lifetime with no increase in speeds. If I can't get it working I may ask for a refund.

I'm not a professional at this (not even close lol) but in my impression this site does nothing to slow down your download speeds. The only thing it does is gate the maximum speed allowed (below the maximum there is little to no impact, but it doesn't allow you to go past that). While i'm not discounting the possibility of Nexus having a slowing effect on your downloads, it sill just might be on your side. If there is someone with actual concrete information here, feel free to correct or add to my post, it'd be very appreciated.

Let me go in a different direction, can't you offer a card like Steam does where I don't have to own a credit card in order to support them? I would gladly support you without having to deal with banks. I do not believe in credit. I pay up front for everything in my life. If I cannot afford it, then I do without until I can.

Let me go in a different direction, can't you offer a card like Steam does where I don't have to own a credit card in order to support them? I would gladly support you without having to deal with banks. I do not believe in credit. I pay up front for everything in my life. If I cannot afford it, then I do without until I can.

There is no such system set up at the moment.

But it seems your issue is with credit cards, so what about a debit card?