⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Download speed cap increase for Supporters and non-Adblockers

Dark0ne

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a Premium Lifetime member, so i dont really need to worry about these speed limitations, but to the rest of the world.....

I forgotten all about Net Neutrality, the past 4 years

I guess this is a good example how the Internet is not Neutral anymore...

I never really liked Rap music, but i thought this Rap Video explained Net Neutrality pretty nice:

Edited by skapunker2010

In response to post #64793716. #64803376 is also a reply to the same post.

KillerSRB1 wrote: hey i have a speed cap of 1 and i dont have a adblocker any way i can get it?
Xevionii wrote: You'll have to have it off for more than a couple seconds OR you'll have to be registered for a decent amount of time.

i joined in february of 19 in 2018 and have never ben on the site with a adblocker but i noticed i am not even seeing ads? EDIT:My downloads are 1.5 mb now and im not a supporter/

Edited by Guest

In response to post #64810791. #64820561 is also a reply to the same post.

Tuskar1 wrote: So... I'm using vortex, adblock disabled, site is showing ads.
Im downloading a mod, but the download speed says 992 KB/s at most. Is it not supposed to go beyond this, or am I still reaching over 1MB, but it's just saying 992?
KillerSRB1 wrote: 1000kb/s is the same as 1 mb/s

KillerSRB1 is correct, but, just in case you need more detailed explanation:
1000 K (K for 1000)= 1000x1000 =1 M (M for Million) (metric system FYI), your getting 99.2% of the 1MB "cap'ed" speed. Taking into account possible control bits, the fact the computers are binary math systems (see Below further explanation) and/or throttling threshold, In short, your getting what you should get :)

Further Explanation:
I left the KB/s out of the explanation above because it really does not matter but FYI technically 1KB/s is actually 1024B/s :) For a reference see following: https://pc.net/helpcenter/answers/why_1024_bytes