You guys need to get it together and scrape the rust off your servers.

Dahveed

Not sure if I'm in the right place for this kind of post, apologies in advance if I'm lost.

I'm usually not much of a complainer, especially on a public chat forum like this where 99% of people don't give two poops about my opinion. But here goes.

YOUR SERVERS ARE TERRIBLE.

Something is seriously wrong on your end. You guys need to fix it.

I don't know what it is, I don't know what the technical reasons for it are, and to be frank I no longer care.

For MONTHS now I've had trouble accessing content from the Nexus. Downloads are usually fine but sometimes too slow, but for the most part they work.

But something about the image section is especially broken and frankly inexcusable. I used to be able to tolerate the occasional lag (maybe high traffic or something, okay), but lately it doesn't even matter when I'm online now, about half of the things I want to load just don't work. They're not even *just* slow (this also happens), but they just don't load, period.

I know this isn't on my end because I pay for premium internet speeds, and every other site on planet Earth I visit gives me instantaneous, lightning-speed access to all their content (I mean, I literally NEVER have to wait more than 0.5 seconds to load even ridiculously huge images.) All except for the Nexus, which just lags like my grandmother driving a Pinto.

I'm sorry for the rant, and I'm usually more patient than this, but enough is enough.

DO SOMETHING.

Good day.

Have you done all these steps?

1. cancel any download(s) you started before you became a premium member
2. Log out of the Nexus
3. Log out of Vortex (If you use it)
4. Log back into The Nexus and Vortex.
5. Go to your NEXUS MODS Profile, click SITE PREFERENCES
6. Click PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP PREFERENCES
7. In the PREFERRED DOWNLOAD LOCATION Dropdown menu, select a PREMIUM Server that's close to you, or the one that gives you the best speed.

In order to report your problem properly, first read this

Guest deleted34304850

Not sure if I'm in the right place for this kind of post, apologies in advance if I'm lost.

I'm usually not much of a complainer, especially on a public chat forum like this where 99% of people don't give two poops about my opinion. But here goes.

YOUR SERVERS ARE TERRIBLE.

Something is seriously wrong on your end. You guys need to fix it.

I don't know what it is, I don't know what the technical reasons for it are, and to be frank I no longer care.

For MONTHS now I've had trouble accessing content from the Nexus. Downloads are usually fine but sometimes too slow, but for the most part they work.

But something about the image section is especially broken and frankly inexcusable. I used to be able to tolerate the occasional lag (maybe high traffic or something, okay), but lately it doesn't even matter when I'm online now, about half of the things I want to load just don't work. They're not even *just* slow (this also happens), but they just don't load, period.

I know this isn't on my end because I pay for premium internet speeds, and every other site on planet Earth I visit gives me instantaneous, lightning-speed access to all their content (I mean, I literally NEVER have to wait more than 0.5 seconds to load even ridiculously huge images.) All except for the Nexus, which just lags like my grandmother driving a Pinto.

I'm sorry for the rant, and I'm usually more patient than this, but enough is enough.

DO SOMETHING.

Good day.

bit rude. can't you ask nicely?

OK, glad it's not only me... I came here precisely to see if anyone else had a problem. I literally just upgraded to a screaming fast computer, and this is my first time visiting the site on this PC, so don't think I'm experiencing cache issues. Everywhere else I've went on the internet has sped like greased lightening.. but as soon as I hit Nexus and tried to download one of my screenies to use as desktop wallpaper, my browser slowed to an absolute crawl.

Edited by Sonja

Just wanted to add I've had the same issue recently. I've cleared my cache but it hasn't made a difference. If I'm looking at a mod I've gotten in the habit browsing other websites to allow images to hopefully load. It's not all the time and it's not every mod. Or I can sometimes look at the first image but then it hangs when trying to scroll to the next.

Sorry if I sound rude, but like I said I no longer care. I didn't even bother posting anything, complaining on the internet is usually tantamount to farting into the wind.

But like I said, after months of this I have lost all patience.

EVERY site I EVER visit is greased lightning, like a previous poster pointed out. Except for the Nexus, which is literally ALWAYS slow.

Just did another test (clear cache and all), flickr, Imgur, DeviantArt, random blogs with a budget of literally zero run by your Auntie Gertrude, all of them give me my images literally within the blink of my eyes. But then Nexus images just hang for up to a full minute sometimes.