What is the FO4 Engine ("Creation Engine") really good at?

(The reason why I am asking about this is to I can try to take advantage of the "good things" in the CE for a large custom worldspace mod that I am working on ...)

Make a map of something like the Desert Zone from Nir Automata. I think that in 200 years in real life everything would look something like 5,000 years later in Nir automata. Sand will put things in order everywhere and hide debris and bones. I would like such a map. To have more sand and sea, less garbage, rubbish and corpses. ) I'm tired of the garbage map.

Edited by South8028

(The reason why I am asking about this is to I can try to take advantage of the "good things" in the CE for a large custom worldspace mod that I am working on ...)

:thumbsup:

I'm tired of the garbage map.

No kidding. I have a bunch of one-off mods to remove garbage and debris from areas I visit a lot. I get the post-Apocalypse vibe, but 200 years is a LOT longer than people think it is, and nature creeps back in rapidly. Heck, I've lived in my house for 6 years and my gravel driveway is almost invisible since I don't try and keep the grass from growing over it.

ÃÂ

I'm tired of the garbage map.

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

No kidding.ÃÂ I have a bunch of one-off mods to remove garbage and debris from areas I visit a lot.ÃÂ I get the post-Apocalypse vibe, but 200 years is a LOT longer than people think it is, and nature creeps back in rapidly.ÃÂ Heck, I've lived in my house for 6 years and my gravel driveway is almost invisible since I don't try and keep the grass from growing over it.

Yeah. The fo4 map looks like the war was 20 years ago, not 200.

Edited by South8028

Exactly, I completley agree with the "this feels like 2 or 20 years later" - thing.

The worldspace that I am currently working on is a small island (size of the commonwealth worldspace) that has been mostly left "undestroyed" by the war (= no detonations on or near that island).

Well, so it's actually not that small... I'm working on something similar, but I think you already know that. ;) I haven't found anything in your mod section, so let me ask you: are you doing this only for your own purposes?

Regarding garbage everyone is talking about...

I suppose I'm the only one who likes it... :D It's a part of Fallout level design since 2008 (F3 release), and it really helps to create the atmosphere, and it also creates the feel that areas are not so dull and empty. I actually use this philosophy in my own mods - I use trash, litter, and projected decals everywhere I can...

Hi,

First of all, Creation Kit is not the engine, it's a stripped down version of the much powerful tool that BGS uses internally. So most of the limitations modders are facing is the limitation of Creation Kit and not the engine.
As for engine itself, its really good for the kind of games BGS makes, that's all. It's not some kind of general purpose language to compare either with Unreal or Unity or whatever, its pointless. BGS has been modifying this engine for years to fit their purposes as close as possible and its really good at that.