Mod Authors Forum Access.

HeyYou

Only one person can be an uploader, right? So, others who might have done even more work than "uploader" get no respect? The uploader is only the person who pushes the button. It has nothing to do with mod creation.

It never has been. It's just showing clearly now.

By his reasoning, a whole team of Devs in a company are just a pile of nothing. Only the the company gets credit because they pushed a button.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... how often does this script fire exactly? Yesterday, I've hidden the single mod I've uploaded here (currently at 77000+ unique downloads).

Today, I've suddenly lost access to GMAD. (yes, I understand that I would then officially have no published files)

However, now that I've un-hidden aforementioned mod, I'm still not seeing the GMAD forums?

Hhhmmm..... Any mods that I may have uploaded here in the past, should still be here..... I don't recall ever deleting anything, and I haven't really uploaded that many mods here in any event. I was co-author with Crossbows of cyrodiil for a time, but, I don't think that mod ever got me access to GMAD..... Those forums showed up when Axeman (Smoke) added me as an 'admin' (for lack of a better word) to Advanced Magecraft. I remember being surprised when a couple new forums showed up on my list. So, apparently, the script DID recognize co-authors/admins/whatever at one time...... Why the change?

You're seemingly admitting you don't know for sure, and I've told you our script did not count download stats for team members, only the original uploader, so there's been no change other than fixing the script to ensure it counts downloads correctly.

When I first got access to GMAD it required that the mods in my name have 1k unique downloads. This was 5ish years ago. The pages I was listed as an author/ page manager on did not count. This was also true for other small authors I have helped since then. If that was ever how it worked, it's been a very long time since the change.

Thank you. This correlates with what I have said.

So am I simply an outlier?? Or did something change in years between when I was added as a co-author, and NaiRae was???

I do appreciate you taking the time to answer personally. :D

So... how often does this script fire exactly? Yesterday, I've hidden the single mod I've uploaded here (currently at 77000+ unique downloads).
Today, I've suddenly lost access to GMAD. (yes, I understand that I would then officially have no published files)
However, now that I've un-hidden aforementioned mod, I'm still not seeing the GMAD forums?

We're aiming for once a day (it has already run today, hence this influx of posts from people who have lost access).

It takes about 40 minutes to run and is a lot more resource intensive than it used to be, so we don't want to run it more often than that.

So am I simply an outlier?? Or did something change in years between when I was added as a co-author, and NaiRae was???

Truth be told, I have no idea. User activity logging didn't cover too many things up until about 2017 so I can't go back and see if, at some point in the past decade, you did have a mod uploaded that you cannot remember that would have granted you access. So you're going to have to remain as in the dark as we are.

We've updated our scripts today, which likely were out of date as far back as when we launched the DP system (perhaps even further back than that, but that was the last time we completely changed how we store file stats so that's a likely culprit). Thus, there were plenty of users who had access who shouldn't, and now don't.

I'm guessing it's what Dark said here. My experience before DP was even implemented. If you got access around the time DP was implemented, or after that time, this would explain it. :)

We're aiming for once a day (it has already run today, hence this influx of posts from people who have lost access).

It takes about 40 minutes to run and is a lot more resource intensive than it used to be, so we don't want to run it more often than that.

Truth be told, I have no idea. User activity logging didn't cover too many things up until about 2017 so I can't go back and see if, at some point in the past decade, you did have a mod uploaded that you cannot remember that would have granted you access. So you're going to have to remain as in the dark as we are.

So, co-authors aren't going to count as authors any more? Or folks that are caretakers/whatever of mods? Why not??

We've updated our scripts today, which likely were out of date as far back as when we launched the DP system (perhaps even further back than that, but that was the last time we completely changed how we store file stats so that's a likely culprit). Thus, there were plenty of users who had access who shouldn't, and now don't.

I'm guessing it's what Dark said here. My experience before DP was even implemented. If you got access around the time DP was implemented, or after that time, this would explain it. :smile:

I have had access to the GMAD forums LONG before DP was even a twinkle in Dark0ne's eye. :)

So, co-authors aren't going to count as authors any more? Or folks that are caretakers/whatever of mods? Why not??

I feel we're going in circles here. I've already told you that they never did - and indeed, allowing it would be a very EASY way of giving anyone ad-free access to the site and access to the other mod author perks (like the forums). For example, anyone with a file with more than 1,000 unique downloads could add any other user to their file page and bam, they're now in the mod author group. That's a massive exploit. We'd have never coded the script to allow that, nor will we now.

So to clarify, nothing has changed in that regard and nor will it.

Oh, well I'm out of ideas on how you got in then! :sweat: I'm not too active on the forums, I just wanted to chime in that I did have to have a mod I published myself get to that amount before I got in, even though mods I was author on the page for and managed at the time had hit the download threshhold.

I feel we're going in circles here. I've already told you that they never did - and indeed, allowing it would be a very EASY way of giving anyone ad-free access to the site and access to the other mod author perks (like the forums). For example, anyone with a file with more than 1,000 unique downloads could add any other user to their file page and bam, they're now in the mod author group. That's a massive exploit. We'd have never coded the script to allow that, nor will we now.

So to clarify, nothing has changed in that regard and nor will it.

Ah. I see. I am sure the mod authors (of which I don't seem to be one any more....) will just love the vote of confidence that you feel it necessary to prevent them from such an exploit. They are notoriously nefarious characters after all.....

Well, your site, your rules. Something that has become painfully obvious of late.

It matches the overall overly heavy handed tone around here lately. I don't get it.