Nice work....

Erenar

A quote from Todd Howard has always stuck in my mind (paraphrased) ... "Ideas have little value, only the ability to execute ideas has value". Look through any Mod Suggestions forum here and you'll find no shortage of ideas. Losing those able to execute those ideas will have an impact.

Mod authors come and go in any event. Some stick around. Some seem like permanent fixtures. :) Others, are just a flash in the pan, upload a mod, then disappear. Nexus is likely counting on new modders coming along to replace those that left. Will they have comparable skillsets? Remains to be seen.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quote from Todd Howard has always stuck in my mind (paraphrased) ... "Ideas have little value, only the ability to execute ideas has value". Look through any Mod Suggestions forum here and you'll find no shortage of ideas. Losing those able to execute those ideas will have an impact.

Mod authors come and go in any event. Some stick around. Some seem like permanent fixtures. :smile: Others, are just a flash in the pan, upload a mod, then disappear. Nexus is likely counting on new modders coming along to replace those that left. Will they have comparable skillsets? Remains to be seen.

Skillsets, yes. But do they also have "name value"? Do they have the right network of "collaborators", like voice actors or other artists. There are a LOT of considerations to this one and each one is just as important as what skills they possess (or learn). True, they may come, sure, but how long will it take to be at a level that can truly replace that which has been lost? That is the real question, yeah, you hit it on the head.

Of all those FO4 mods that you are listing as gone, I use literally none of them. My point is the same HeyYou's, life goes on. I am not happy about these changes, but I have been around Bethesda modding since 2001. This isn't the first such controversy where the demise of modding as we know has been proclaimed nor will it be the last.

Guest deleted34304850

Of all those FO4 mods that you are listing as gone, I use literally none of them. My point is the same HeyYouâs, life goes on. I am not happy about these changes, but I have been around Bethesda modding since 2001. This isnât the first such controversy where the demise of modding as we know it is doomed has been proclaimed nor will it be the last.

here you are a week later, still saying the same thing "my game is fine".

its not about YOU.

Of all those FO4 mods that you are listing as gone, I use literally none of them. My point is the same HeyYouâs, life goes on. I am not happy about these changes, but I have been around Bethesda modding since 2001. This isnât the first such controversy where the demise of modding as we know it is doomed has been proclaimed nor will it be the last.

Not my concern what mods you do or do not use (though I wonder how boring your game must be not to have any of the AAA mods installed). The point was and will continue to be, the aggregate sum of knowledge that is leaving here from the FO4 section at the least, and that is literally an immeasurable loss. For everyone, not just you.

{edited for formatting}

Of all those FO4 mods that you are listing as gone, I use literally none of them. My point is the same HeyYou's, life goes on. I am not happy about these changes, but I have been around Bethesda modding since 2001. This isn't the first such controversy where the demise of modding as we know has been proclaimed nor will it be the last.

here you are a week later, still saying the same thing "my game is fine".

its not about YOU.

I think you missed my point here and obviously from every other comment that I have made on this topic. But whatever.

Guest deleted34304850

no i get your point - you are unaffected and thus, life goes on.

its the same point you've made in other threads including two where you simply trolled me until i reported the posts to the mods. yet, here you are, once again, offering nothing except the glad tidings that you are unaffected because you dont use some mods that are either removed or won't be updated any more.

as long as you're happy who cares if all the mod authors are being f****d over for a buck.

Not my concern what mods you do or do not use (though I wonder how boring your game must be not to have any of the AAA mods installed). The point was and will continue to be, the aggregate sum of knowledge that is leaving here from the FO4 section at the least, and that is literally an immeasurable loss. For everyone, not just you.

{edited for formatting}

Everybody has a different opinion of what is considered an "AAA" mod. I hate the settlement building stuff, for example, so I don't use any of those mods.

But yes, any modder leaving because of this is a loss. But truly, the knowledge is still out there. Someone else will need to take up the mantle of knowledge from any modders in exile, so to speak.

Not to minimize the modders', who left, contributions, but that is the way it has always been. Modders come and go, It's a fact of life.

its the same point you've made in other threads including two where you simply trolled me until i reported the posts to the mods. yet, here you are, once again, offering nothing except the glad tidings that you are unaffected because you dont use some mods that are either removed or won't be updated any more.

as long as you're happy who cares if all the mod authors are being f****d over for a buck.

Not responding to you again. But that is not what I said. Nor have I ever trolled you. But I can't control who likes/dislike me. :wink:

I'm affected and life goes on. I also don't feel f'd over, what ever that is supposed to mean.

And your statement is just plain wrong. @Zanderat worded in strong opposition to recent changes on The Nexus. It just seems like the last couple of days the old guard, that did not leave, came to term with how the future is going to be. Which is a good thing, if one considers personal mental health.