Nice work....

Erenar

Guest deleted34304850

there are no ads in vortex. what makes you think there are, or will be? or is it yet more crap you've made up on the spot?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't know enough about wabbajack to know if it can automate FOMODs and Conflict Resolution rules. Or whether Nexus intends to make the information stored in the Collection open source enough for them to read it.

Well, I don't know enough about wabbajack to know if it can automate FOMODs and Conflict Resolution rules. Or whether Nexus intends to make the information stored in the Collection open source enough for them to read it.

I would think they already have their system in place for that kind of thing. No idea on the level of 'user involvement' that is required for things like merged patches, and such.

there are no ads in vortex. what makes you think there are, or will be? or is it yet more crap you've made up on the spot?

Maybe try reading the post first. I never said there were ads in Vortex.

Even if I would send them a GDPR request they would purge everything linking me to my mod files, effectively making the mod "ownerless" and still distribute them, how immoral is that

I've always had my username in the metadata for my mods. That is considered personal data, so they would be legally obligated to delete the files. Unless they pull a sneaky one and edit it out of the files, which would be all kinds of nuts, but they can do it according to their ToS.

Ive got 90% of the items in my mod that I altered or created myself named with "Ac3s", so I'm still left wandering how Nexus can even pretend that a GRPD request means they will remove all connections to my mod and make it ownerless when they would have to rename all those items manually and that would leave the mod utterly broken.

9b27dMp.jpg

I'm really starting to think its all just lies to keep us in confusion so we don't take any actual action, because its hard to defend ourselves if they keep telling us we have nothing to defend ourselves with, but I believe GDPR if your an EU citizen is exactly that because its meant to stop online abuse of your data, exactly like what Nexus is doing right now, and mods are the modders intellectual property and we own our mods, as Nexus confirmed, so their TOS and their "infinite license" cannot possibly hold up against EU law specifically created to stop this kind of abuse.

Also an "infinite license" almost always gets thrown out of court immediately because it means one side is always beholden to the other side, such terms always boils down to one side getting all the benefits while negatively impacting the other side and thus it simply doesn't hold up.

But then again, I'm not a lawyer so what do I know, all I know is they cannot possibly remove all my connections to my mods because they are RIDDLED with my name all over them...

Edited by Guest

An interesting thing about this all. Is that all of your mods are still being archived even if its been promised to delete them by the deadline. I just hovered over an old browsing history link of a mod that is hidden and I got this message along with the download link:

"You are downloading an archived version of this mod which is no longer supported by the mod author...."

In other words, its another big middle finger to mod authors. :pirate:

Edited by Joistikas