Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Can anyone actually give a downside to this change? And I don't mean ... the "I don't want to lose control over my work" .. I already understand that. What I mean is ... let's say this change occurs and those who decide to stay accept those terms of not being able to fully delete their work, as in it's archived and is only able to be downloaded when it's in a collection. What is the downside?
Point is, it all just comes off to me like an overly emotional response more than there is anything legitimately wrong with it. And it's not like the site is forcing it on you either as it's not like they are taking it without asking. They are giving you a choice and it may not seem like a good choice to you, but it still is a choice.
And ... I also don't see why so many are hesitant to move on. I get, in a way, you could view this site as your home (metaphorically), but right now you have a difference of opinion with the owner of said home. In a way, I guess it's kind like when you disagree with a parent who technically owns the house, or maybe a roommate who is renting a room out to you. It can suck ... I get that. But is it so wrong to just accept the difference of opinion and go your own way? Sometimes in life you will not have all the options you want, so you just have to choose the one that works best for you.

@Brabbit1987,

You say that it's "practically no different then when you go on youtube" but it's actually very different because YouTube allows authors to delete their videos.

I didn't say that in that context. You should probably read the entire thing.

i'd ignore that user they are simply a contrarian troll seemingly given free license to derail every thread they post in, with impunity.

Just disagreeing isn't the same as derailing a thread. It's literally still on topic.

As you don't have any of your work hosted here, you don't have a dog in this particular hunt, so it really doesn't come as a surprise that you are poo-pooing authors concerns. You aren't the only one though. It seems that folks with nothing vested in this decision, don't have a problem with it. Imagine that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you don't have any of your work hosted here, you don't have a dog in this particular hunt, so it really doesn't come as a surprise that you are poo-pooing authors concerns. You aren't the only one though. It seems that folks with nothing vested in this decision, don't have a problem with it. Imagine that.

Not having content on here at the moment doesn't mean I can't have my own views on things. Plus, I plan to upload here in the future anyway. I could even upload something now if you want just to prove to you that whether or not I have a mod on here really doesn't make a lick of difference in my opinion. I have just never uploaded here in particular because most of my mods where Half-Life DM maps hosted on a site called the snarkpit. Not even sure if the site still exists. And while I have dabbled in the creation kit, I have never actually made anything I felt was worth uploading. But I do have a mod up for the sims 4, on the site modthesims. Could upload it here as well. Just never seen Nexus as much of a sims 4 mod source if you know what I mean.

But whatever, this will be the only reply from me. I just can't believe you all are still at it. ... and it's funny cause it's the same people, same conversation, nothing new, same misinformation from people who actually don't know what they are talking about but like to hear themselves talk ... for like 40+ pages now lol. Like as if the ridiculous long conversation on the announcement thread or on reddit, or under news articles ... wasn't enough. But hey, maybe it just needs another 40+ pages. Have fun.

And yet, you are still commenting...remarkable. How bout you do what you said you would do? :cool:

But whatever, this will be the only reply from me. I just can't believe you all are still at it. ... and it's funny cause it's the same people, same conversation, nothing new, same misinformation from people who actually don't know what they are talking about but like to hear themselves talk ... for like 40+ pages now lol. Like as if the ridiculous long conversation on the announcement thread or on reddit, or under news articles ... wasn't enough. But hey, maybe it just needs another 40+ pages. Have fun.

And yet, you are still commenting...remarkable. How bout you do what you said you would do? :cool:

I know ... right. Yeesh ... I should really learn to not get involved in these things cause I have such a hard time just leaving it. People always typically say things that really makes me want to respond. All well.

Posting this on an account not associated with my mods, which I'm pretty sure I've finally got all of down.

Don't care what the excuse is.

Don't care what the entitled bullshit doublespeak is.

We had a agreement.

You lied and broke it.

Done with you forever now.

No more of my mods will ever be hosted here.

Not having content on here at the moment doesn't mean I can't have my own views on things. Plus, I plan to upload here in the future anyway. I could even upload something now if you want just to prove to you that whether or not I have a mod on here really doesn't make a lick of difference in my opinion. I have just never uploaded here in particular because most of my mods where Half-Life DM maps hosted on a site called the snarkpit. Not even sure if the site still exists. And while I have dabbled in the creation kit, I have never actually made anything I felt was worth uploading. But I do have a mod up for the sims 4, on the site modthesims. Could upload it here as well. Just never seen Nexus as much of a sims 4 mod source if you know what I mean.

Ok, so YOU feel that way, and that is perfectly fine. Apparently, there is a selection of folks that don't feel the same. Imagine that, we don't all agree. Amazing.

So, because YOU don't have a problem with it, you can't understand why others might? You feel free to hand over whatever you make to nexus. It would appear that others just don't want to.

Do y'all not plan on uploading on other sites?

Many authors, myself included, already use mirror sites to avoid complete loss in the event one sites goes toes heavenward. It's an eggs/basket kind of thing. Ask your favorite authors about their mirror sites.

As for those that say "No Mirror sites", find other authors, ones that understand the benefit of redundancy.

Ok, so YOU feel that way, and that is perfectly fine. Apparently, there is a selection of folks that don't feel the same. Imagine that, we don't all agree. Amazing.

So, because YOU don't have a problem with it, you can't understand why others might? You feel free to hand over whatever you make to nexus. It would appear that others just don't want to.

I understand that, which is why those who disagree have the option to just use a different platform to distribute their mods, or if they feel the need to ... just keep them for themselves. The issue here is people who disagree with Nexus don't seem to want to make a decision. No one here is telling you are not allowed to disagree. What is being said is that you have to make a choice at some point.

If you are only staying here because you think maybe if you hold out long enough or complain long enough ... maybe they will retract their decision ... then you are the ones who need to convince them they should do that. What you all are doing isn't in the least bit convincing though. It's just a back and forth between those who agree with one another without any offering any solutions. It's more or less just "I don't like it, don't do it". And anytime an admin goes into an explanation, no one seems to actually respond to it in a way that they can do anything with. And rather than coming up with solutions to the problems they bring up, many of you just ignore it ... some throw insults, threaten them, say they are lying. It's just a bunch of people pointing fingers without any conversation actually happening even when the other side tries.