Trying to understand

MajorCyco

There were also Authors like Arthmoor that were being forced to leave files they wanted to remove. This benefits them as well.

Erm, what??? I haven't read anything about that.

Unofficial Patch team voted down the idea of removing the patches. They're all on his account with his own mods, so previously they were all tied togetherr.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were also Authors like Arthmoor that were being forced to leave files they wanted to remove. This benefits them as well.

Erm, what??? I haven't read anything about that.

Unofficial Patch team voted down the idea of removing the patches. They're all on his account with his own mods, so previously they were all tied togetherr.

Ah, but, as they were uploaded by Arthmoor, if he nuked "all" of his files, that would go as well. So, it wasn't Nexus making him leave them here, it was the UOP team. Now, with the option of only removing 'some', will arth nuke the rest of his mods here??

This is just insane, I have used Nexus since ages, and been a Premium member for pretty much as long as it has been an option. Nexus is going to be a sinking ship with such idiotic decisions, in Wabbajack they have a Whitelist, where the mod authors consent to the terms of downloading the mod through it. What Nexus is doing here is a "Facebook", if you publish anything on Nexus it's ours to use, not helping the hard working mod authors to keep there intellectual property rights, just take it down or we will use it. I guess we will see more and more Patreon mods now, it will be messy. But I rather pay each mod maker instead.

20 July Update: Based on feedback we've received from mod authors who would like to have some but not all of their mod files deleted, we're now offering partial deletion requests based on this form, subject to the 5 August deadline.

This changes nothing. Mod authors have always been able to delete any mod, up until the 5 August deadline. This is not an update as stated. Maybe it is a change in the form with a wall of text attached.

I am not a mod author but a mod user. I also try to help people with their game.

With the changes and prevaricating that is being put forward, I find that I cannot continue what I have been doing in the past. I will still visit the site, but I can no longer support the site.

This changes nothing. Mod authors have always been able to delete any mod, up until the 5 August deadline. This is not an update as stated. Maybe it is a change in the form with a wall of text attached.

Um. No. Since the start of the month Mod Authors have been unable to delete any mods unless they sent a request email to the Nexus staff and in that case it was either a total deletion of all their files or nothing. The deletion option was replaced with an archiving function. This is a significant change.

collections and the so-far undescribed "magic" that fuels them will fix everything.

Wow, fae0bfb8, this is great news.

Not only will broken mods become usable,

collections will save me the tuition that I've saved up to attend

the 2 week Bodyslide course; given that Collections will

perform all the external stuff for us.

Aug 5th will be a glorious day for gaming; thanks to

collections, no more CTD, no more worries.

Ah yes, we have until Aug 5th to think up ways to celebrate.

If collections truly installed everything. (which it wont. There are mods that you need to customize per install and based on other mods) It does nothing. They have change "mod pack" to collections to make folks think its new or better when its not. Folks are saying they are listening for letting partial deletes. It shows they released they stepped into muck and nastiness that would of left there "fields of gold" barren so they are doing half measures to try and hold some things better (Nvm the fact they are archiving stuff anyways so deleted requests or not I'm sure will be in collections mod author approved or not) For folks going "they aren't raising prices first it must mean they aren't money hungry" that's a fallacy based on present work. Im sure Mod makers who are in the "back room" in discord have seen and read how Dark0ne really is and how he feels users/mod makers are nothing but fodder for his website to grow and make him his money.