Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Good

Enjoy your life!

Hope you can find activity or hobby that you enjoy doing since it isn't making modifications to commercial games free for others.

You should not speak about things that you obviously can't understand. I still enjoy modding. I will continue to realize my ideas as I always did. I shared my mods free of charge with you - the users - because i wanted to but not because i created them for you. Which is a small, but significant difference.

Who is a user and who is developer?

What odd mentality to have

us vs them?

Not only that you obviously have no idea about what many mod authors drives yet much less idea you seem to have about computer science. There is never only one solution that works. It is precisely the variety of ways which makes development so exciting.

Except for the fact that I have actually worked on many projects on github and use to be a minecraft modder using minecraft forge (for which i also did some work fixing the forge patcher to work with new versions of minecraft)

Yes would you teach me?

Maybe teach me the basics of linked lists and hash maps or maybe some mips assembly?

Did you use many pointer references in modding while coding in C?

I need to learn all this computer science stuff as you pointed out I am a user.

You and this... "Us VS Them", mentality is silly.

i could teach you a lot of things, but it would be an exercise in futility.

why do you think that pasting bits of your resume is going to give your words more value? the content of your words is where the value is at and they show that you know a little, very general, broadbrush knowledge - but nothing more than that.

congrats on havinig a github account. my 12 year old nephew has one as well. would you like a badge?

Hopefully you can get your training wheels off and join the big boy table next time with a bit of maturity.

I hope you cheer up and don't feel so emotionally distressed over the changing of policy on a video game website.

So that you stop personally attacking people because you disagree with them.

Edited by TexMex477

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because a "mod collection" might be built for a very specific version of that mod with patch files and maybe even a very specific mod to create a whole new experience to go along with the "mod collection" patching multiple mods together for example.

Now imagine the mod author of just one of those 100 mods in the collection modifies or deletes the file off the website.

All the patches and mods that might have been made for that collection would be broken.

100+ mods changing constantly (we are not just talking skyrim /f4 here) with thousands of users with broken save games.

When I can't decide if I want to be part of a list nor which version of my mod a specific list uses, then i don't care about this Kind of problems. The Curators are responsible for the functionality of their lists. Not anyone else.

Well you can prevent your mod from being part of "mod collection" by not hosting it here?

So...? What is the problem?

You can always go host it on steam and be part of their list.

May be I can't prevent anyone listing one of my mods, what I can prevent anytime is the direct download.

The Curators are responsible for the functionality of their lists. Not anyone else.

And this appears to be the point where you have diverged from the direction the Nexus is taking. Since it appears to be an irreconcilable difference, you need to decide whether you want to continue your relationship with the Nexus.

Meeting this decision has not taken more than 5 minutes. It was already hit on the day of the announcement.

Guest deleted34304850

Nah. You're just being pedantic and trying to claim that the statement "it's just a list" is an absolute statement that completely describes every aspect of the Collection system. Even though the information we've been given makes it clear that it is, in fact, more than just a list and that statement was in respect to a single question about the opt-out issue.

there is no pedantry. i am using the venacular that was presented. don't believe me, go read and educate yourself.

honestly mate, i don't mind to debate with you, but you're just flailing around. come back with fact, not fallacy - just once and see how you go.

Nah. You're just being pedantic and trying to claim that the statement "it's just a list" is an absolute statement that completely describes every aspect of the Collection system. Even though the information we've been given makes it clear that it is, in fact, more than just a list and that statement was in respect to a single question about the opt-out issue.

there is no pedantry. i am using the venacular that was presented. don't believe me, go read and educate yourself.

honestly mate, i don't mind to debate with you, but you're just flailing around. come back with fact, not fallacy - just once and see how you go.

I've read everything BigBizKit has posted. However, it's been a lot of discussion, so if you could point me toward where he said "it's just a list" I will happily confirm if I got the context wrong.

wow i am going to need some aloe vera for that burn.

sorry, i didn't realise i was communicating with a child. i'll lower it down a bit so you can keep up

I am not sure you didn't notice I am not trying to "burn" or insult you or anyone, I am bit old for that nonsense.

I was just discussing it with other people while you have thrown around insults like this is some type of preschool playground.

If you do not like the policy change leave, you and I do not own the website.

Go enjoy life and do what makes you happy it seems you really could use some better days.

Edited by TexMex477

wow i am going to need some aloe vera for that burn.

sorry, i didn't realise i was communicating with a child. i'll lower it down a bit so you can keep up

I am not sure you didn't notice I am not trying to "burn" or insult you or anyone, I am bit old for that nonsense.

I was just discussing it with other people while you have thrown around insults like this is some type of preschool playground.

If you do not like the policy change leave, you and I do not own the website.

Go enjoy life and do what makes you happy it seems you really could use some better days.

Time to put a different record on :)

Well, with the recent changes, once the deadline passes, Nexus can do pretty much whatever they want, shuffle their ToS however they want, and authors will have NO recourse, at all. Their mods are here, and here to stay, regardless of what Nexus does, or mod authors have to say. THAT is what REALLY bothers me.

It throws off the balance of power.

Well, with the recent changes, once the deadline passes, Nexus can do pretty much whatever they want, shuffle their ToS however they want, and authors will have NO recourse, at all. Their mods are here, and here to stay, regardless of what Nexus does, or mod authors have to say. THAT is what REALLY bothers me.

It throws off the balance of power.

Maybe I do not understand what is purpose of uploading your files to the website to later delete them?

It's kinda funny. I never considered seriously the reality of trying to monetize mod creation. I'm pretty sure Nexusmods has done that as well as anyone could. I doubt Nexusmods' owners/employees are driving Maybachs; I don't even know if it is a living, so kudos to Nexusmods.

On the other side of this coin are the mod authors -- my limited experience with whom has, on balance, been less than desirable. I've distributed >$200 to 20 different mod authors and received exactly one (1) thank you in return. Manners are rarely innate and must be taught.

I'm aware that 20 is not a significant sample size, so this must not be interpreted as representative. And with that in mind, I'll continue my customs.

I don't know about most other authors, but in my personal experience the people who I used to send thank-yous to would often react as though I'd broken into their homes or something. They honestly had no idea their information was made available. This happened often enough that I figure most people just don't get how the whole setup works so I stopped responding to any of the emails Paypal sends me.

The reality is, direct donations reveal an awful lot about your donors they may not realize is being revealed. At the same time, it reveals an awful lot about us as mod authors too that in some cases we may not want being known to some random person on the internet. Funneling it through either Patreon or the DP system preserves a measure of privacy for both sides.

Fear of giving offense is no excuse for rudeness.