Trying to understand

MajorCyco

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ignorance seems to be a strong power in you. maybe you read this and understand more. probably not :wink:

why do you think i did not understand?

a thread that doesn't exist?

i ignore your next insult. seems "the spam" does not to exist for you, sorry. porbably you are not qualified for this thread. the way your are posting here i was not could have been aware of that.

here for you but i will not copy the whole thread (you may ask if you need more context):

showler, on 11 Jul 2021 - 6:55 PM, said:snapback.png

You didn't even bother reading the part about different Collections for different classes of computer, did you?

And your "dumb sheep" obsession is absurd. Mod Authors delete mods for various reasons. Deleting mods is bad for this new system. Not allowing the deletion of mods is not treating people like "dumb sheep", it's treating them like the people they always have been and expecting them to act the way they always have. A bunch of people's immediate reaction to this was to start planning how they can sabotage Nexus or falsely accuse them of DMCA violations.

Clearly we disagree. That's life.

if you think so i'm sure you did not read anything of what i wrote so far. i work in the it and what you mention is just a nice try to reduce the complexity of porblems for one case. it will work for some people but it does not solve even 5% of the individual setup problems related to a mod list and even not all the other problems i mentioned at all. so - nice try but i would like to see real arguments, your solution, instead of hot air. and i'm not talking about pokemon or minecraft but open world bethesda games with their known weaknesses and limitations, generating a lot of instabilities and performance problems even without any mod list.

and to the dumb sheeps issue: again no valid arguments from your side, not even an excuse. you do not have to care for the rights and the ownership of mod creators and what nexusmods do. it may be legal (we will see) but it is nothing else than expropriation of the mod owner. and a change like this after a decade feels like a "resounding slap in the face", while ignoring or not even planning a more community friendly solution including and respecting all.

i think it is compelety hopeless to make you somehow undertsand this situation. if i'm an owner of s/th i do not have to ask anyone what i do and why do it. maybe you understand if some authority tells you suddenly that can you can use your car and pay for it but you can not sell it from now on. maybe you understand this simple example and the annoying result. and it is completely irrelevant if anyone else uses or needs the car if you are the owner. the goals and the honey words are irrelevant - in fact it it is nothing else than expropriation with a 5 week escape period (thank you nexus - this is such a help!) - after more than 10 years of trustful realtionship and coexistence.

and yes - in the meantime i'm aware of some reddit threads spreading falsehoods about concerned mod authors. i'm sure some of these toxic people are also doing their destructive work here.

Maybe I do not understand what is purpose of uploading your files to the website to later delete them?

Seems so. Have you ever thought about that you may not want to support a mod anymore because it was replaced by another one or it doesn't work with the current game version?

That easy enough with game versions by just having the "mod collection" only install on specific version for those that use the installer.

You are no longer supporting it when it is part of "mod collection" the person making the "mod collection" is now responsible, and since its a very specific mod version new changes you make won't effect the mod collection.

I'm sorry, but archiving a mod that is no longer needed is just plain stupid. If i update a mod then not only for fun. I don't want the previous version to be used anymore.

ignorance seems to be a strong power in you. maybe you read this and understand more. probably not :wink:

A topic in the General Mod Author's Discussion forum (GMAD) reserved for authors with 1000 unique download or more.

seems not to exist for you, sorry. here for you but i will not copy the whole thread (you may ask):

showler, on 11 Jul 2021 - 6:55 PM, said:snapback.png

You didn't even bother reading the part about different Collections for different classes of computer, did you?

And your "dumb sheep" obsession is absurd. Mod Authors delete mods for various reasons. Deleting mods is bad for this new system. Not allowing the deletion of mods is not treating people like "dumb sheep", it's treating them like the people they always have been and expecting them to act the way they always have. A bunch of people's immediate reaction to this was to start planning how they can sabotage Nexus or falsely accuse them of DMCA violations.

Clearly we disagree. That's life.

if you think so i'm sure you did not read anything of what i wrote so far. i work in the it and what you mention is just a nice try to reduce the complexity of porblems for one case. it will work for some people but it does not solve even 5% of the individual setup problems related to a mod list and even not all the other problems i mentioned at all. so - nice try but i would like to see real arguments, your solution, instead of hot air. and i'm not talking about pokemon or minecraft but open world bethesda games with their known weaknesses and limitations, generating a lot of instabilities and performance problems even without any mod list.

and to the dumb sheeps issue: again no valid arguments from your side, not even an excuse. you do not have to care for the rights and the ownership of mod creators and what nexusmods do. it may be legal (we will see) but it is nothing else than expropriation of the mod owner. and a change like this after a decade feels like a "resounding slap in the face", while ignoring or not even planning a more community friendly solution including and respecting all.

i think it is compelety hopeless to make you somehow undertsand this situation. if i'm an owner of s/th i do not have to ask anyone what i do and why do it. maybe you understand if some authority tells you suddenly that can you can use your car and pay for it but you can not sell it from now on. maybe you understand this simple example and the annoying result. and it is completely irrelevant if anyone else uses or needs the car if you are the owner. the goals and the honey words are irrelevant - in fact it it is nothing else than expropriation with a 5 week escape period (thank you nexus - this is such a help!) - after more than 10 years of trustful realtionship and coexistence.

and yes - in the meantime i'm aware of some reddit threads spreading falsehoods about concerned mod authors. i'm sure some of these toxic people are also doing their destructive work here.

If I understand you correct you are saying "it is your mod and you can delete it when ever you want"

So you would be happy.... and OKAY with the fact that one day...

That tomorrow the maintainer of blender removes the blender website and disallows you to use it to finish making a model for project?

Remember its the maintainer property and he can delete it when ever he wishes even if it affects your game company and costs you money.

Edited by TexMex477

It's NOT ABOUT MONEY!.

<edited due to reading comprehension fail>

"The corporation, like the psychopathic personality it resembles​, is programmed to exploit others for profit."
- Joel Bakan, The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power
Edited by gnarly1

It's NOT ABOUT MONEY!.

Of all the content I've read on this topic (which is considerable), this is the most face-palmingly naive statement I've read thus far. But not only that, you implicitly claim to know the motivations of Nexus Mods, which you don't.

There's a term which aptly describes your statements in this thread: Useful Idiot.

"The corporation, like the psychopathic personality it resembles​, is programmed to exploit others for profit."
- Joel Bakan, The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power

Gnarlie,

Can you explain why you dislike the idea of "mod collections" ?

The ability to delete files?

Why are you uploading files if you just want to delete them?

Gnarlie,

I've never once expressed an opinion on mod collections. Why are you attributing to me something I've never said?

Your last question is simply a failure of imagination on your part.

Gnarlie,

I've never once expressed an opinion on mod collections. Why are you attributing to me something I've never said?

Your last question is simply a failure of imagination on your part.

Glad you think so,

So since I am so steeped in "ignorance" why do you not enlighten me and explain the very simple question for me.

Why do you want to upload files to just delete them?

Edited by TexMex477