Trying to understand

MajorCyco

for long time i was not aware how widespread the lowest level of empathy, respect and appreciation is in this forum. the "i grab it and you can leave if you don't agree" mentality seems widespread here. many of the people claiming that probably never contributed anything countable to this community at all. amazing and distubing at the same time!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for long time i was not aware how widespread the lowest level of empathy, respect and appreciation is in this forum. the "i grab it and you can leave if you don't agree" mentality seems widespread here. many of the people claiming that probably never contributed to this community at all. amazing and distubing at the same time!

Like the respect others get with "I am taking my mod and leaving no matter how many people it affects or other mods it breaks"

Is more empathic?

The reason I have gathered modders are upset is they can't delete their mods and take it away from people breaking save games?

I mean Nexus is the one giving you place to share the mod.

It is your choice to use it or not.

Edited by TexMex477

Maybe I do not understand what is purpose of uploading your files to the website to later delete them?

Seems so. Have you ever thought about that you may not want to support a mod anymore because it was replaced by another one or it doesn't work with the current game version?

I've read everything BigBizKit has posted. However, it's been a lot of discussion, so if you could point me toward where he said "it's just a list" I will happily confirm if I got the context wrong.

Just to follow up, I found his big post where he talks about lists and the section begins with "The opt out question is indeed addressed in the news post but I can reiterate and expand:" So, context clearly indicates that he was talking about the opt-out option, not the deletion option. Especially since the second section of his post does specifically address the deletion option.

for long time i was not aware how widespread the lowest level of empathy, respect and appreciation is in this forum. the "i grab it and you can leave if you don't agree" mentality seems widespread here. many of the people claiming that probably never contributed to this community at all. amazing and distubing at the same time!

Like the respect others get with "I am taking my mod and leaving no matter how many people it affects or other mods it breaks"

Is more empathic?

you would be right if you take the situation intentionally out of context (some call that ignorance). but you have always the choice to see the context instead of permanently ignoring it. so it is on you to react properly.

Maybe I do not understand what is purpose of uploading your files to the website to later delete them?

Seems so. Have you ever thought about that you may not want to support a mod anymore because it was replaced by another one or it doesn't work with the current game version?

Did you happen to catch BigBizKit's post regarding how they are working to prevent Collection users from going to the Mod Author for support?

That easy enough with game versions by just having the "mod collection" only install on specific version for those that use the installer.

You are no longer supporting it when it is part of "mod collection" the person making the "mod collection" is now responsible, and since its a very specific mod version new changes you make won't effect the mod collection.

Edited by TexMex477

Is more empathic?

The reason I have gathered modders are upset is they can't delete their mods and take it away from people breaking save games?

I mean Nexus is the one giving you place to share the mod.

It is your choice to use it or not.

Really? Especially you dared to talk about respect?