Trying to understand

MajorCyco

Why are you uploading files if you just want to delete them?

Example: when I update a file, the old version gets deleted if I wish to. Why ? Because I don't want to support old stuff.

See for example, how a mature mod hosting service is handling file deletions:

ozr5x07m1xa71.png

See ? They provide a valid reason for not deleting files but they leave the final decision to me. And I do decide to delete that file because I want to support a new, fresh, better mod and encourage the mod author to keep working on it to know his work is appreciated.

Life is really so simple when dealing with mature people who can respect others.

So when you delete the mod off the website

Does it get deleted off the person that downloaded its computer too?

What are you saying ? Clearly that's not a question, but I fail to see your point.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you think so,

So since I am so steeped in "ignorance" why do you not enlighten me and explain the very simple question for me.

No, since you attributed to me something I never wrote and your posts seem quite disingenuous, I strongly suspect you're a troll.

So you don't know and just trolling okay thanks for answering.

Question is:

"Why do you want to upload file to nexus and than delete it?"

Not sure why you edited my post you quoted but that was the question.

Edited by TexMex477

Can we stop chain qouting pls? TexMex is trolling us all and is not adding to the topic in anyway. Flag for trolling/flaming and lets move on.

We are giving answers for MODS. Not a multi billion corporation that is handling millions of users and thousands of workers. . We are talking about a Mod that has maybe a handful of makers working together for the big ones wanting to control their created work and to fix issues without shitty bad files from the release screwing it for new folks.

Big companys like Photoshop before it become "live services" and other things like windows keep old ones yes as it allows folks to back track yes.

When a Mod has bad coding. and is fixed no one wants the bad coded version one unless they using other mods useing the bad coding. Which can cause issues with other mods. IF you fix it. It is not the orinigal creators job to fix the mods built on the bad coding.

Edited by maxmanatarms

They are never EVER deleted version control keeps a record of commits so you can revert if need be.

If you are doing something new you create a new branch.

Have you ever used github or svn or any version control?

Really? You actually want to compare a Linux distribution and Windows with a small tiny mod? Are you sure you are healthy?

They are never EVER deleted version control keeps a record of commits so you can revert if need be.

If you are doing something new you create a new branch.

Have you ever used github or svn or any version control?

Really? You actually want to compare a Linux distribution and Windows with a small tiny mod? Are you sure you are healthy?

Well what is the fuss fighting against proper version control?

Profile, manage ignore prefs, add TexMex477

Can I kindly ask you all to do the same, I don't know why you are all feeding the trolls when you know it only makes them come back for more

I didn't know about that. Thanks. Now that the thread posters can be back on topic....

Has anyone seen any new information besides the "GOD HAS CHOSEN THIS PATH" and the locked thread? Maybe discord or mod author "semi Private" threads giving us any more detail as to why they have gone iron curtain on all the faithful users?

Edited by maxmanatarms

Profile, manage ignore prefs, add TexMex477

Can I kindly ask you all to do the same, I don't know why you are all feeding the trolls when you know it only makes them come back for more.

Agreed. Best way to manage this,