How do I copy the content of a mod in an other without adding master ?

SammyMemento

Did you try using COPY AS OVERRIDE instead?

The only way to remove a master from a mod is to remove the record that the master is referencing

Thanks for your response, I tried copy as override into but get the same result, so let's say I want to copy a static object in a new file how do I make it independant how do I suppress its link or reccord linked if I understand so that when I click clean master it suppress the master file, could you guide me through the step ?

• 2 weeks later...

FO4Edit sometimes gets overzealous when assigning masters, even if you're copying as override.

There is a way to remove a master in that situation (where the master is truly not needed), but it's been a while since I had to do it, and I'm not remembering the exact steps.

I think it has to do with opening the file header, going to the section on master files, and deleting it there.

You only want to do this though if you're absolutely sure that it really is not needed as a master file.

FO4Edit sometimes gets overzealous when assigning masters, even if you're copying as override.

There is a way to remove a master in that situation (where the master is truly not needed), but it's been a while since I had to do it, and I'm not remembering the exact steps.

I think it has to do with opening the file header, going to the section on master files, and deleting it there.

You only want to do this though if you're absolutely sure that it really is not needed as a master file.

The latest version of FO4Edit won't even let you do that. I had to hunt down an old version of xEdit once because nothing else worked and the mod was working on had the wrong damn master. The current version, if Clean Masters doesn't work you are screwed.

If copy as override is resulting in having the original plugin as a master, it's most likely because it is a shallow copy and not a deep copy. Even if the record you copy is an override, there may be references to elements of the original plugin within that override record.

Edited by blitzen