Premium cost

ChickenAlfredo

It's worth considering that they will likely continue to look into ways to 1) enhance Premium benefits and/or 2) worsen the non-Premium experience.

Think of the extra hoops non-Premium users now have to jump through in order to download stuff. Who knows what else may follow at this point.

no doubt at all this will happen. i'm sure they'll find yet more ways to nickel and dime everything given enough time. but they do it for YOUR benefit. Just remember that next time the prices go up for some intangible reason.

They do it for your benefit if you're paying money, sure.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't make things harder for non-Premium, they'll make things easier for Premium users. Clicking on the download link is not something that was added...bypassing it was.

I hope that will be the case. I totally get making more features available for premium users, but taking away privileges from regular users would be absurd.

Edited by ChickenAlfredo

They won't make things harder for non-Premium, they'll make things easier for Premium users. Clicking on the download link is not something that was added...bypassing it was.

I hope that will be the case. I totally get making more features available for premium users, but taking away privileges from regular users would be absurd.

They haven't done that nor have they even mentioned the possibility of doing that.

They haven't done that nor have they even mentioned the possibility of doing that.

They didn't tell us they were taking control of our work beforehand either.

They didn't tell us they were taking control of our work beforehand either.

True.

Yes well evidently Nexus does things out of nowhere as we've learned recently.

One can only wander why Nexus is in such a rush to push and force this all through all at once, I'm sure they have a nice answer for everything though, its all been in the making for the last 2 years...

Regardless, I'm not going to spend anything on Nexus, I already paid them enough with some of my mods while getting nothing in return aside from them trying to claim the files as theirs for infinity, very nice.

Edited by Guest

One can only wander why Nexus is in such a rush to push and force this all through all at once, I'm sure they have a nice answer for everything though, its all been in the making for the last 2 years...

Regardless, I'm not going to spend anything on Nexus, I already paid them enough with some of my mods while getting nothing in return aside from them trying to claim the files as theirs for infinity, very nice.

Money. See, that wasn't hard. :)

No idea what margins they are operating on here, but, running this place, with 18 employees, is NOT inexpensive. So, they need to make sure collections will 'always work', to motivate people to buy premium. They change the pricing, so it makes them more money. Expect collections to roll out in the not very distant future. That is what this is all in preparation for.

Money. See, that wasn't hard. :smile:

No idea what margins they are operating on here, but, running this place, with 18 employees, is NOT inexpensive. So, they need to make sure collections will 'always work', to motivate people to buy premium. They change the pricing, so it makes them more money. Expect collections to roll out in the not very distant future. That is what this is all in preparation for.

Maybe they're rushing it because they're afraid Modders will bail because of the collections thing , and once NM has that lifetime membership cash they'll be able to cash out and run , and just a reminder .. there are no free users, google built itself via ad revenue and every ad i see i consider a payment .