Premium cost

ChickenAlfredo

Which is pointless anyway when half of the most prominent mod authors have left the site and taken their mods with them.

Half? Define prominent.

Sorry. I know some have left. But it is nowhere near half. Hyperbole will get you nowhere in making your case.

if you talk about the physical numbers you may be right and many are still around to see how this develops but if we talk about the loss of trust and "the home like feeling" many authors lost here, i'm sure the number is higher.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted34304850

They won't make things harder for non-Premium, they'll make things easier for Premium users. Clicking on the download link is not something that was added...bypassing it was.

I hope that will be the case. I totally get making more features available for premium users, but taking away privileges from regular users would be absurd.

They haven't done that nor have they even mentioned the possibility of doing that.

like they never mentioned the change in rates, or the removal of deletion from mod authors? thats the conisistency in process i like to see.

Maybe they're rushing it because they're afraid Modders will bail because of the collections thing , and once NM has that lifetime membership cash they'll be able to cash out and run , and just a reminder .. there are no free users, google built itself via ad revenue and every ad i see i consider a payment .

THIS is why Modders are angry, because they went and made the changes for modders to not be able to delete their mods for the "collections thing" A WEEK BEFORE THEY TOLD US MODDERS

THAT'S NOT BEING TRANSPARENT, no matter how many times they say it is, but don't seem to understand that it isn't.

That was a shady thing to do.

Then, the "Compromise they gave was "OK, you can DELETE ALL YOUR MODS from the Site, or LEAVE ALL YOUR MODS on the site and you have until August 5th to decide"

If they had just admitted they did this in the worst way possible and made a compromise of "ok, we see your point, we're going to give all modders until August 5th, the ability to delete their mods that they don't want on the site"

EVERYBODY would've been happy, but instead, they went about it in an even WORSE WAY, and made it an Ultimatum to either remove EVERYTHING or NOTHING from the site.

Knowing full well that people would be reluctant to remove EVERYTHING because you lose all of your Endorsements, Download Counts, etc.|

NONE of this was done in Good Will.

They managed to take something and present it to Mod Authors in the absolute WORST WAY possible, that would make the most people angry at once.

And the screenshots of the comments that the Site Owner is making on Social Media, Discord and wherever else, shows just how little he cares about any of us "Tosspots"

I'm not sure anyone has pointed it out yet, but that screenshot "doing the rounds" is dated quite clearly as 22 April 2020 and making it completely irrelevant. Taking a 15-month old quote out of context is pretty disingenuous, although not entirely unsurprising as the people posting it seem to be looking for ways to misrepresent the recent changes. You can still find this post in the Mod Author Discord server if you'd like to see the actual context of the message (Note: You must be considered a mod author on the site to gain full access.).

What amuses me is that shortly before the message that is being shared, one of the other participants in the conversation said "quick someone screenshot dark and use it out of context!"...

The conversation was actually around people who get banned from the site and then go to other sites/services and complain about it. You only need to look at some of the ban threads from the last few days to see there are indeed "tosspots" that need dealing with. You have even partaken in the "Best of the banned" thread in the Mod Author forum, so you know this is the case. (For context, that thread is mod authors who regularly check the new bans posting the ones they find amusing and/or particularly interesting).

Something to think about: if you think Dark thinks you're a tosspot then that says more about you than it does about him.

Edited by Pickysaurus

Which is pointless anyway when half of the most prominent mod authors have left the site and taken their mods with them.

Half? Define prominent.

Sorry. I know some have left. But it is nowhere near half. Hyperbole will get you nowhere in making your case.

if you talk about the physical numbers you may be right and many are still around to see how this develops but if we talk about the loss of trust and "the home like feeling" many authors lost here, i'm sure the number is higher.

That could be. That is how I feel right now. The change in tone and reversal from his previous stance by Dark0ne (on down) is what bothers me the most. Clearly, the all or nothing approach is overly draconian.

Guest deleted34304850

And the screenshots of the comments that the Site Owner is making on Social Media, Discord and wherever else, shows just how little he cares about any of us "Tosspots"

I'm not sure anyone has pointed it out yet, but that screenshot "doing the rounds" is dated quite clearly as 22 April 2020 and making it completely irrelevant. Taking a 15-month old quote out of context is pretty disingenuous, although not entirely unsurprising as the people posting it seem to be looking for ways to misrepresent the recent changes. You can still find this post in the Mod Author Discord server if you'd like to see the actual context of the message (Note: You must be considered a mod author on the site to gain full access.).

What amuses me is that shortly before the message that is being shared, one of the other participants in the conversation said "quick someone screenshot dark and use it out of context!"...

The conversation was actually around people who get banned from the site and then go to other sites/services and complain about it. You only need to look at some of the ban threads from the last few days to see there are indeed "tosspots" that need dealing with. You have even partaken in the "Best of the banned" thread in the Mod Author forum, so you know this is the case. (For context, that thread is mod authors who regularly check the new bans posting the ones they find amusing and/or particularly interesting).

Something to think about: if you think Dark thinks you're a tosspot then that says more about you than it does about him.

it was a very stupid thing to write regardless of when it was written. you cannot write stuff like that and not expect it to come back in a wildly different context and bite you in the ass. thats how the internet works.

One can only wander why Nexus is in such a rush to push and force this all through all at once, I'm sure they have a nice answer for everything though, its all been in the making for the last 2 years...

Regardless, I'm not going to spend anything on Nexus, I already paid them enough with some of my mods while getting nothing in return aside from them trying to claim the files as theirs for infinity, very nice.

Money. See, that wasn't hard. :smile:

No idea what margins they are operating on here, but, running this place, with 18 employees, is NOT inexpensive. So, they need to make sure collections will 'always work', to motivate people to buy premium. They change the pricing, so it makes them more money. Expect collections to roll out in the not very distant future. That is what this is all in preparation for.

Which still leaves half. Or more. Several of the major authors are still here. Nexus knew they were going to lose some, and some would stay. It was a gamble, and it appears to be paying off.

If you guys spent more of your time outside these silly threads engaging in weird defeatism, you'd know there's much more ado than the noise. I exchanged messages off-nexus with quite a few 'major' as you called it, mod authors, mostly New Vegas and 4, and I assure that almost each one of them is either planning to nuke everything on the last day (Giving Nexi a chance to get back to senses, coz many of them been here for so long and still trying to give a chance to whole this), or planning to simply never update/upload anything ever here, and use this basically as a platform for promotion and re-direction, no more (Out of those people I reached out to, there were only two who said they won't do anything coz they are one of them 'endoresements and comments history matters, please don't hurt us we'll make fishbar soup, FISHBAR!' peculiar types).

I can't Personally say much about other titans like Elders Scrolls folk since I don't know almost any, but the smell carries with the wind.

So while I don't agree with their 'silent approach' (Actions gotta talk), I'm happy to know that the cast is FAR bigger than the spotlight shows ; )

One can only wander why Nexus is in such a rush to push and force this all through all at once, I'm sure they have a nice answer for everything though, its all been in the making for the last 2 years...

Regardless, I'm not going to spend anything on Nexus, I already paid them enough with some of my mods while getting nothing in return aside from them trying to claim the files as theirs for infinity, very nice.

Money. See, that wasn't hard. :smile:

No idea what margins they are operating on here, but, running this place, with 18 employees, is NOT inexpensive. So, they need to make sure collections will 'always work', to motivate people to buy premium. They change the pricing, so it makes them more money. Expect collections to roll out in the not very distant future. That is what this is all in preparation for.

Which still leaves half. Or more. Several of the major authors are still here. Nexus knew they were going to lose some, and some would stay. It was a gamble, and it appears to be paying off.

If you guys spent more of your time outside these silly threads engaging in weird defeatism, you'd know there's much more ado than the noise. I exchanged messages off-nexus with quite a few 'major' as you called it, mod authors, mostly New Vegas and 4, and I assure that almost each one of them is either planning to nuke everything on the last day (Giving Nexi a chance to get back to senses, coz many of them been here for so long and still trying to give a chance to whole this), or planning to simply never update/upload anything ever here, and use this basically as a platform for promotion and re-direction, no more (Out of those people I reached out to, there were only two who said they won't do anything coz they are one of them 'endoresements and comments history matters, please don't hurt us we'll make fishbar soup, FISHBAR!' peculiar types).

I can't Personally say much about other titans like Elders Scrolls folk since I don't know almost any, but the smell carries with the wind.

So while I don't agree with their 'silent approach' (Actions gotta talk), I'm happy to know that the cast is FAR bigger than the spotlight shows ; )

And that is part of the problem as well. Waiting till the last minute to request removal, doesn't send the message until the last minute...... So, unless there is an outright FLOOD of requests on Aug 2nd, it isn't going to change. Even if there IS one, I doubt it will matter. (unless the numbers are MUCH bigger than what I anticipate.)