Skyrim SE Mods are ... broken?

kaszappah

Have you tried getting all your mods set up in Vortex and then making sure you don't open the in-game mod manager after you've launched the game?

As I said, the in-game manager has problems with non-Bethesda.net mods sometimes.

Also, forget what I said about launching from Vortex. That advice is only for MO2, which uses a different virtual file system. Sorry about that.

when you say you have other mods that are working fine - are you using the in-game mod manager to manage them?

yes, i'm sorry. that's what i meant by bethesda.

Go to the MODS tab, right click on ANY of the mods and select "Open in File Manager", the Mod Staging Folder should open to the folder of whatever mod you right clicked on, now go back ONE folder so you're in the Mod Staging Folder

You should now see a bunch of folders named after the mods you've installed with Vortex, take a look inside them, there should be sub folders such as sound, or textures, or meshes, etc, see if there are files inside those folders, if there isn't, then something is not working

Please stop opening the in game Bethesda Mod Menu.

Guest deleted34304850

when you say you have other mods that are working fine - are you using the in-game mod manager to manage them?

yes, i'm sorry. that's what i meant by bethesda.

yeah, using more than one mod manager is a recipe for disaster. don't do that. ever.