World War Z The Surprise Hit of the Year?

kirestananderson

After 3 weeks at the box office it has made 370 Million Worldwide… with 150 Domestic (seems like 200 is very reachable)

Over 500 Million Worldwide is a lock at this point but how far can it go? IMO it will close its run with 580 million… I

Considering this was looking like one of the biggest flops of the year, with some websites prediction a gross of less then 250 million worldwide, and less then 100 domestic…it is doing very well… with rentals, sales and streaming rights it will add a huge profit… and a sequel is already in the works..

It seems like Johnny Depp has taken the Bullet that Brad Pitt dodged…Lone Ranger is tanking hard in the us.

Is anyone suprised at this?? Personally I thought it would be this years John Carter/Battleship

Edited by Dark0ne

Very surprised.

Thought this would be just another medicore zombie flick, I read the book which really wasnt anything special to talk about.

So maybe we have this rare occasion that the movie is better than the book ?? :unsure: Do you know when this is out on dvd ???.

That's a spam bot. You can tell from the link it's placed at the bottom of the message to a shop :wink: (removing it now)

That's a shame, I was going to ask him what's he's been drinking and where can I get some?

Amazing special effects, fast paced action, Brad Pitt and 3D equals amazing profits. It is in 3D I think because I have yet to see the movie.

I did see it, it's got the same problem as the Star Wars prequels; Zombies ate the plot, there's an over-use of CGI, and the reality is just a story about a man running around, attractive women, and a LOT of zombies being shot. AND because of the rating it targeted, there isn't any proper horror or gore!

One thing I liked about World War Z was that humanity won the war in the end though at heavy cost and was in a bad condition at the end of it. I liked the way it was done as a series of 'post war' interviews but I think it would have been better as a triology of books; part one as the start of the troubles and the growing shock of humanity; part two as the main conflict and on going horrors; part three as the finishing off of the war. This would allow far more detail, more interviews with more characters and a broader, richer, story.

• 2 weeks later...