So who else shoots cats?

hucker75

I only shoot the stuff that shoots at me, or, tries to take a bite out of me. If they are not hostile, they are not targets.

Crows, on the other hand..... I just LOVE the explody feathers thing when I hit 'em. They make for GREAT target practice, as they respawn fairly quickly, and there are usually four or more in a group. :D

Edited by HeyYou

I don't think that the traveling merchants actually know that they are working for the institute.

I guess if a synth "escapes" the institute, the institute will just send some coursers (or other synths) to ask around if they have seen this "missing person", maybe even invent some sob-story or just pay them for information.

And people are generally helpfull, and so they will share any information that might be useful ("yes, I have seen this guy / girl at that other place, ..."), because helping to find "missing people" is a good thing to do, right?

And even if some of those informants put two and two together, who cares?

For most people in the commonwealth it is a good thing to hunt down synths ...

Cats hunt mice, and other small vermin.

No, even though I'm allergic to them - can't shoot them.

They have a role to play in this universe....

They eat birds. I like birds. Cats are not welcome.

I only shoot the stuff that shoots at me, or, tries to take a bite out of me. If they are not hostile, they are not targets.

Crows, on the other hand..... I just LOVE the explody feathers thing when I hit 'em. They make for GREAT target practice, as they respawn fairly quickly, and there are usually four or more in a group. :D

I only shoot people that shoot me, but often some idiot walks in front of my gunfire aimed at someone else and gets angry and starts shooting me. I was trying to protect them. So I kill them too.

I've also killed Trashcan Carla, because she somehow became enemies of one of my settlements.

And they are working for "the baddies".

I think EVERYONE is working for the institute..... Crows, traveling merchants, Mayor of DC. (who is a synth....) etc.

I sided with the institute, then when they started attacking my settlements, I went into the institute, shot everyone I could find, then keep shooting synths I find in the commonwealth. But they refuse to become enemies of me.

Any idea how Carla became an enemy? Was it only one settlement? That is just weird.

Yeah, companions aren't the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. One of the reasons I avoid them like the plague. If I am by myself, EVERYONE ELSE is a target, don't have to worry about shooting friendlies. There aren't any. :D