Dead Mod Flagging

mxmissile

Any flag or vote or what ever can and will be abused. Such a flag as requested can (and will) be used by nefarious persons to label a mod as "doesn't work" out of spite, ignorance, bigotry or envy. So no. Bad idea.

Any flag or vote or what ever can and will be abused. Such a flag as requested can (and will) be used by nefarious persons to label a mod as "doesn't work" out of spite, ignorance, bigotry or envy. So no. Bad idea.

Basically this sums it up why we don't have such a thing. A "dead" mod (i.e. something that hasn't been updated in 10+ years) could still work fine, so there's no way to programmatically determine if a mod is outdated and relying on some kind of voting system is open to abuse.

Basically this sums it up why we don't have such a thing. A "dead" mod (i.e. something that hasn't been updated in 10+ years) could still work fine, so there's no way to programmatically determine if a mod is outdated and relying on some kind of voting system is open to abuse.

Not if it "doesn't work", huge difference between a mod that works 10 years later and mod that doesn't work. But I get it, clicks and downloads for a broken mod trump player frustration. :thumbsup:

Not if it "doesn't work", huge difference between a mod that works 10 years later and mod that doesn't work. But I get it, clicks and downloads for a broken mod trump player frustration. :thumbsup:

Well again.. The problem is not the Mod, it's your game version. Its not very common, yet not an uncommon problem either. If your game can not be loaded to an earlier version, that is a separate disappointment. Another which you are not alone in experiencing. However, if it can be then I would assume the Mod should work.

A lot of people use outdated versions or have too many ID files in their game (Can happen via worldspace mods). Hence they complain about the mod not working and would flag my mods accordingly.

In the end the comment section is your best friend

Y'know, sometimes the idea just isn't good. Or has been tried before and didn't work. It's not always that people are too greedy to use your awesome idea.

I would say a fair chunk of the time when something allegedly "doesn't work" it's down to user error rather than a fault in the mod.

If you look at collections right now they feature a "Did it work?" vote in the form of a success rating. Even the best Collections score around 75% so that implies that at least 25% are failing to install it somehow.