Fallout 4 vanilla guns. Mostly Suck.

StormWolf01

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put the Assault Rifle as #01 in the worst abomination category.

That receiver looks like 3 Dog Food cans welded together with a Purified Water can inserted at the front.

It's the only weapon in the game I've never picked up in it's original form. I'd rather charge at the enemy with a fork than be seen using that.

Edited by fraquar

I point. Go bang bang. People die.

What more do you want?

Accuracy. Realistic recoil. Something that doesn't look like it's gonna blow up in my hands if I pull the trigger.

Or... something that looks like it would actually... ... ... work... (Again, starting off with pipe guns for me)

I'd put the Assault Rifle as #01 in the worst abomination category.

That receiver looks like 3 Dog Food cans welded together with a Purified Water can inserted at the front.

It's the only weapon in the game I've never picked up in it's original form. I'd rather charge at the enemy with a fork than be seen using that.

HAHAHA Too funny. It was Boi's video about the combat rifle that inspired this post :D

So, I actually kinda like the assault rifle, at least for gameplay. But yeah... it's a horrid visual abomination.

Boi makes some good content.

The Pipe Weapons only saving grace is they are supposed to look like a mess - by design.

#02: Tinker Tom's Abomination (aka Railway Gun).

Tinker, there is such a thing as too much Jet.... I mean WAAAAAY to much....

Probably came up with that at the same time he decided shooting up with battery acid was a good thing.

I run modern firearms, (along with modern armors....) and then another mod that un-levels all the guns. So pretty much anything can show up anywhere, at any time. (raiders with atchinson assault shotguns at level 1 are friggin' deadly.....) I don't think I have used a vanilla weapon in years. :D

Too many of the modern weapons (i.e 1990 and beyond) just look and function the same to the point where you have 30 weapons in your game, but it really feels and looks like 5.

A Glock.

An AR.

An AK.

A mag fed shotgun.

A PDW - MP5 style.

Only really different looking weapons I can recall are the FN P90 and the Kriss Vector. Everything else just falls into one of the 5 above.

Added: Yeah, there is the Chiappa Rhino and the Mateba, but those don't have 20+ rd magazines so nobody would use them anyway. :D

Edited by fraquar

I LIKE me some revolvers! Oh yes, yes I do :yes:

And Bethesda even flubbed THAT up. The heavy barrel needs better detail. It looks like the end of a pellet gun. And while I've never done a screenshot to compare it... seeing it in action it really does look like the business end is too small for the bullets to come out of! And... AND... A N D... this single action only, BS (unless you buy DLC) is horse drek. And that animation of slinging the cylinders into the frame like that makes me cringe every time I see it. (For real, you can ruin a revolver that way!)

The gunshot fx sounds NOTHING like a 44. It sounds more like somebody smacking a cheap tin plate.

And then... Ok. Yeah. I .44 CAN have some pretty hardy muzzle flip. Especially with hot loads. But COME ON!!!

But yeah. 6-8 rounds in a gunfight? More difficult reload? Nah. Not by preference. Magazine fed auto loader, any day.

Tho yeah, I do like lever action a lot. But vanilla loading animations, and no vanilla tactical reload.... BLEH.

I keep wanting to try out modern firearms. But I never get around to trying it. Too much work taking out the level list, and not enough time in my day or weekend :(

I'm the opposite.

I intentionally remove any extended mags, even remove the quick variants.

Pistols - limited to 10 rd mags.

Machine Pistols / SMG's - limited to 30 rd mags (no drums - just sticks) - and they get a healthy dose of control issues.

Assault/Combat rifles - 10 rd mags only - no quick variants.

The only pistol I'd ever consider having more than 10 rds for would be a Mark 23 SOCOM, as that is an entire weapon platform - and it would literally be my only weapon. Hence the issue I have with extended mags - that pistol pretty much illustrates how one weapon can make all others irrelevant.