⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Request: Dependant Automation

imprimis432

I would save endless repetitivity tasks when testing mod combinations and set ups if there was a simple disable all function and maybe a few other tweaks of a similar nature.

I find it annoying to have to click on the mod that is missing a dependant, then have to back out, click that plug-in, the mod it is from which takes me back to the mods list then have to disable that mod, rinse and repeat sometimes this list can be huge.

If there were a way to do this automatically with a users risk approach it would be massively appreciated and no doubt useful to many Vortex users.

Diable dependants by plug-ins, the option to select some or apply to all will disable the plug-ins on the left, but wont disable the mods themselves from the mods list.

The other option would be to disable the mods (selected or all) which would do as I originally described, this is the most important of all to me, this would disable the mods from the mods list, yes this may result in those mods having dependancies being rendered as "missing masters" but that is my choice to then disable those with another mass disable job.

The 3rd of these features would be to find the mod plug-in it is expecting by scanning the disabled mods ID name, this may have multiple entries, the choice could be to ask the user to pick which of the multiple entries (if they exist) which to enable or an option to enable all then let the user disable or reorder those mods manually themselves.

I just find it so exhausting to disable one mod that is either redundant, not working as expected or outdated to then have to tediously disable one by one each dependant mod.

PLEASE take this suggestion into consideration, I think it would go over well, and if there is a worry it would cause inexperienced users to become confused, hide the option as toggled to off if need be in the settings of the app.

4KMcpo3.png

I assume you mean as things stand now as opposed to theoretically with my suggested feature.

If so then no, you can pick anything highlighted individually, clicking on a highlighted plugin name to then have to deal with that specific file, one by one, a slow time consuming job.

Bare in mind the buttons in my opening post image at the bottom (other than [close]) are shopped in by myself as an example.

Heres an example. Lets say I have just finished picking through a selection of mods, I am left with the 'missing masters' message.

Imagine how helpful it would be to have a button that enables the 'missing masters' if they exist in the disabled plugins or mods folder, and alternatively if I need to disable the dependants instead, disable the plugins or by mod those mods that I don't want to enable the masters for without the need to tediously manually do this one by one.

This is a fast example of some random mods, sometimes this can be a list of up to 70-80 missing masters just after disabling a couple of mods, Even with just an option to disable these mods that depend on missing masters with the click of a single button would save so much time with tedius repetitive tasks.

a9ao6SB.png