Hmm... has anyone tried installing disc version, steam version, GOG version at one computer(all at once)?

LFact

'The title is the question' Because why not. Weeks ago my desktop computer died after suffering sudden freezing for several days, so I had to buy new parts and build one. I reinstalled the game this morning, but this time I installed one from GOG. Since I also have the game in my steam library, I wondered if I can install both at the same computer. Of course, both copies will likely share documents\My Games\Oblivion if it can be done(would thay share registry as well?). I don't think I'd try that, but maybe....

Yeah, there will be a couple folders both installations will want to use. My Games, and also, a folder in App Data, where the plugins.txt file resides. So, without some hoop jumping when switching between the two installs, they will have to run the same mods.... which makes having two installs kinda pointless.

If you want to have more than one load list.... A mod manager that supports Profiles would be a better solution.

• 4 months later...

Yes, it would. There's no good reason to have more than one install of anything, really.

I've got my Steam install of Oblivion converted to Nehrim, and my GOG install is running a modified Oblivion game.

That's the only good reason I can think of.

That makes sense since Nehrim is pretty much a completely different game. Does Oblivion's folder in Documents not conflict?

Whatever the "switch-out" process is that they use for installing/playing Nehrim, it seems to keep all the data and save independent. I haven't had any issues.

Vortex even sees Nehrim as a separate game so the mods are managed independently.

I'm not sure I would have bothered if I hadn't gotten Oblivion on GOG for free, though.