Question #1: 10/01/2005

Dark0ne

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know?

Anyways, I have several ideas for fast travel on Oblivion.

1. Have the option to disable it in the Options Menu. This will make it so all you people who want to sneak a quickie in there when you took a solemn pledge to never use fast travel because it's 'evil' or 'being lazy'. You will have to move your finger ALL the way to the escape key to bring up the menu and turn it on. That's one way.

2. Make the fast travel kind of like the Multi-Mark mod, where you have to go to the place first then you can mark the spot. But you only get like 8 spots to set a fast travel recall thingy.

3. Do the above or have the game automatically mark each of the biggest/most important cities then you get like 3 or 4 fast travels to put where you want.

Personally I like the third one because its keeping the fast travel in the game, but its also giving you some choice as to where you want to go. Its a good thing to have, but I doubt I would ever use it. I prefer something like the silt striders and boats because you cant just wiggle your way out of a mess that you got yourself into. Say you are in the middle of the wilderness and you got drunk on some Sujumma (sp?) and you think you can pick on some bully giant. Your three options are: 1. run away as fast as you can and dodge anything the bully throws at you, 2. fast travel back to the main city or the closest city, or 3. get your face turned into strawberry pudding. You got yourself in the mess, get your self out. Well, I have more to say, but I gotta get going. I'll finish later if I remember.

2. Make the fast travel kind of like the Multi-Mark mod, where you have to go to the place first then you can mark the spot. But you only get like 8 spots to set a fast travel recall thingy.

Have you read any of the other posts? You have to have previously gone to the town before you can fast travel to it. Don't be so quick to insult Luthiel when you're not perfect! Don't look at the spec of dust...blah blah blah..etc etc.

I think the way they've done it is actually pretty good. You'll still have to explore, because you can only skip the traveling if you've been there before (and probably seen most of what's on the way). And nothing's keeping you from randomly wandering, if that's what you want. But when you've got another annoying "give package x to person y in some town on the other side of the map", sometimes you just want the quest done so you can move on.

This is a feature I'll use A LOT I daresay. :D Seems great to me. As Peregrine said, you still have the option to wander around if you want to. Besides, you still lose time by using the feature, it's not like you're instantly teleported there and only 1 second has passed in game. I somehow think they'll put safeguards in so if you're in the middle of battle or something you can't use fast travel to escape... after all, thinking realistically, provided the enemy could keep up with you you would die on the way anyway, since time passes.

I guess the only good, alternatives for me would be:

1- having a choice to use or not use it at the start of the game, and once youve chosen there is no goin back

2- you can toggle it on and off either with the console, or as was erlier said in the menu.

3- or it was implemented in some kind of teleportation spell

yours sincerely

Luthiel Dragonsoul

Have you read any of the other posts? You have to have previously gone to the town before you can fast travel to it. Don't be so quick to insult Luthiel when you're not perfect! Don't look at the spec of dust...blah blah blah..etc etc.

Thats what I said,

where you have to go to the place first then you can mark the spot.
You have to go to the place you want to go first, then you mark it, so whenever you want to go there, and you've already been there, you can!

I didnt think I insulted anyone with my post!

• 3 weeks later...
I think fast travel in morrowind: Oblivion is a bad idea for 3 reasons. One:If morrowind had fast travel then the game would go by alot quicker. Two: If you fast-traveled then you might miss important things inbetween traveling. And Three: If your looking for somone and when you fast traveled that somone might be heading in the direction that you just came from. But this is just my opinion of course....... :cool2: