The search function is not functional

Dario1980

I don't know if I am bad at using it, but I never saw a stranger search function in a forum.

I want to search my own posts, I go on my profile > posts > I only get a few posts. I want to see the other posts I've done, I click find content.

The nightmare begins. Where are my posts and what are all these filters for? What's the search by MEMBERS if I'm trying to find my own posts? I click only posts, I get stuff I published one year ago. I go to the last page and I see the stuff I've published between Jan-August. What do I care for?

Even worse I tried to use the advanced search, and damn, you could have made the subforums window even littler. It's a shame you can see six lines at once, should be only one line.

Edited by Dario1980

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh

WOW.

o_O

I just checked into that. Looking at my own, or either of you, it's a very MUCH more abbreviated list!!

Did that happen with the site updates recently?

Oh lord, finding threads that I was keeping tabs on thru my comments in them... is now ... gone...!

Geeze! I seriously hope this hasn't gone into effect for staff members as well! That would be a massive kick in the stones as far as researching posting history on somebody!!

yeah that search has been busted for months. real shame too as it's such a basic fundamental feature. i wonder, is it lack of bandwidth? maybe there are some less needed features that could be removed to get a functioning search feature back.

yeah that search has been busted for months. real shame too as it's such a basic fundamental feature. i wonder, is it lack of bandwidth? maybe there are some less needed features that could be removed to get a functioning search feature back.

That's not a concern, no - it's rather that the forum uses dated technology first discovered in Babylon around 545 BC. Jokes aside this will all be rectified when we move away from the forum and on to a more modern solution.

You're right - the forum is neither the most intuitive nor does it do a spectacular job at finding your posts/posted content. The good news is that we have plans to move to a much more user friendly solution eventually, the bad news is that this may very well take a while.

Thanks - I apologize for the abrasive post.

By the way, do you happen to know what's the font and the size being used in every post here? Times new roman 14? I'm referring to the style of text if you don't tweak it.

You're right - the forum is neither the most intuitive nor does it do a spectacular job at finding your posts/posted content. The good news is that we have plans to move to a much more user friendly solution eventually, the bad news is that this may very well take a while.

By the way, do you happen to know what's the font and the size being used in every post here? Times new roman 14? I'm referring to the style of text if you don't tweak it.

Looking at the website CSS it seems the "Underground" theme (default is) Lucida Grande size 12px.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the website CSS it seems the "Underground" theme (default is) Lucida Grande size 12px.

Thanks for your help. I've got another question:

I can comment here: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48129?tab=posts

But if I go to the forum page here (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8741443-mwse-magicka-regen/page-4) I cannot reply to the topic.

Is there any particular reason?

Thanks for your help. I've got another question:

I can comment here: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48129?tab=posts

But if I go to the forum page here (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8741443-mwse-magicka-regen/page-4) I cannot reply to the topic.

Is there any particular reason?

Yeah, this comes up fairly regularly. The comment posts in the forums are just placeholders for the mod comments thread on the mods actual page. Posting on the forum side totally screws up the formatting on the mod page, so, replying on the forums is disabled. Gotta go to the mod page itself.

Not beat a dead horse. But WHY did it break? Dated tech? OK. But that doesn't automatically mean that it doesn't work. The fact is that the search function was working until fairly recently.