Mod Creators are Wonderful,Imaginative,Creative People

mrenfrew

Even the original horse armor sold pretty well.

Never ceases to amaze me what folks will spend their money on.......

Yeah, that's nothing.

I used to play Star wars Commander with a bunch of friends in a clan.

We also had a few guys from the US join us later.

We where quite active with squad wars. Pretty good too.

Anyway, for upgrading you needed to collect (produce & steel) resources & then wait. Of course you could buy resources with real money as well as buy of the waiting time.

I never did, but one of the US guys upgraded his entire base from level 9 to 10 in a single day...

I calculated that had to cost him -at least- 1,500.- dollars ... That one realy made my jaw drop :P

I never did, but one of the US guys upgraded his entire base from level 9 to 10 in a single day...

I calculated that had to cost him -at least- 1,500.- dollars ... That one realy made my jaw drop :tongue:

Thar' she blows!

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, that's nothing compared to some of the players in some of the MMORPG's. Those whales will drop that much daily. Several days in a row.

Pay to win is a sad fact, in games that have to rely upon their online stores for the majority of their income.

I calculated that had to cost him -at least- 1,500.- dollars ... That one realy made my jaw drop :tongue:

Thar' she blows!

:laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, that's nothing compared to some of the players in some of the MMORPG's. Those whales will drop that much daily. Several days in a row.

Pay to win is a sad fact, in games that have to rely upon their online stores for the majority of their income.

And then you have games like Star Citizen...... folks will pay 1000 bucks for a ship, for a game that has been in development for over a decade, and still isn't really playable..... They have raked in FAR more money than any Triple A game company spends on even their blockbuster games. Its a cash cow, a scam, and folks keep buying into it.

Then you realize the Whales are being funded through streaming services by the very people who complain about Whales in the first place.... To them it's just the cost of doing business for their user base, which can be in the millions.

Edited by fraquar

• 3 months later...
and there is likely a Financial reason for mods not getting automatically scanned and compared to other mods for Conflicts, bugs, or to the base game itself when the authors upload them... there wouldn't be so many comments pages if people weren't reading and discussing about bugs and conflicts.. it would take only a fraction of the coding that a sophisticated website uses to do the actual comparisons and scanning of ESP files..

sadly, your hobby/game is just a game for so many..

stick to mods whose authors have a history of making mods which are bug/conflict free!

avoid mods from authors who have a history of expressing contempt for people who's games their mod broke ~especially if they refuse to WARN people properly or worse yet refuse to pull their dangerous mods offline :)

Edited by Drivinghard

it would take only a fraction of the coding that a sophisticated website uses to do the actual comparisons and scanning of ESP files..

Yeah, No.

You could compare if something was altered. But you'd pretty much need a real AI to know whether the alteration is intentional or not.

Modding is literally making changes to the base game or even to other mods. There is no automatic system that can tell whether or not those changes are by design or by mistake. All we have are the systems to tell if one mod changes something and another mod changes it back (conflict) or if there is a recorded change without an actual change in data (dirty edits).