AI art will change everything. Will it really?

gabrielrock19

"Yes, companies will use it to instantly fire many, many artists and animators."

Unfortunate and very true. But Indies will thrive as a result and those short-sighted stock holders and executives will see nothing but diminishing returns in something they see as only a business. Revenues from games far surpass that of even films anymore and they believe they can use nothing but safe, "proven" formulas to get every cent from us they can (Loot boxes, Pay to win, etc.) But their own greed will turn the AAA industry into a stagnant beast that rests lazily while the wild beast we love and yearn to see again is howling in the forests.

AI assists, not replaces humans- especially where creativity is concerned.

Toby Walsh, the chief scientist at the University of New South Wales AI Institute, said people should be questioning any online media they see now.

“When it comes to any digital data you see – audio or video – you have to entertain the idea that someone has spoofed it.”

From the Guardian, ‘Godfather of AI’ Geoffrey Hinton quits Google and warns over dangers of misinformation

Toby Walsh, the chief scientist at the University of New South Wales AI Institute, said people should be questioning any online media they see now.

“When it comes to any digital data you see – audio or video – you have to entertain the idea that someone has spoofed it.”

From the Guardian, ‘Godfather of AI’ Geoffrey Hinton quits Google and warns over dangers of misinformation

And that is why you don't get information from just one source..... Trust, but verify. :)

• 1 month later...

I'll pop in with my 2 cents for what it's worth (usually less than 2 cents lol). AI art is in it's infacy. At the moment it's "stealing pieces of art and making it's own collage" as I saw someone on some news article comment section. But if you look at what is currently considered art, there's ALOT that can be considered theft of the original. Songs that have the same opening ("Still Learning" by Halsey and "Making the Most of the Night" by Carly Rae Jepsen, have the exact same intros for example), or what everyone refers to as "fan art". Spiderman was drawn by Steve Ditko (Stan Lee was the writer) yet thousands of artists draw spiderman fan art for profit...that could be considered theft.

Eventually AI art will evolve into something more, maybe, but for now it's still learning like a child learns. AI art still requires a human to enter in what it should create, the more descriptive the better the image. It even struggles to draw hands like a real person lol. It's scary that something new has come along but AI has been around for awhile. Our smartphones have AI (Siri, Alexa), we have AI driven vehicles, even medical picture analysis, anomaly detection and diagnosis support are all capabilities of AI algorithms...we let AI monitor our health (let that sink in for a moment).

Of course humans have also caused setbacks in the AI development. Remember the experiment "Tay" that google released on twitter? Within 16hrs it had tweeted 96,000 times in response to human interaction and had learnt to be a racist, hate mongering, "death to all humans" AI. AI will only be as good, or bad, as people around it teach it to be. If humanity teaches it to be racist it will be racist, if humanity teaches it to respect life it will do that. Just like an adult teaching a child. For example, I've been creating a chat ai to help those living with depression, social anxiety and other such issues. I'm hoping to put it to the test in the next week or so but there's my anxiety of putting it out there given what humanity does to AI.

The game "Detroit:Become Human" is starting to become a reality. It might take awhile, but AI is here to stay and it will only get smarter and/or better.

Edited by wpgfurry

I'll pop in with my 2 cents for what it's worth (usually less than 2 cents lol). AI art is in it's infacy. At the moment it's "stealing pieces of art and making it's own collage" as I saw someone on some news article comment section. But if you look at what is currently considered art, there's ALOT that can be considered theft of the original. Songs that have the same opening ("Still Learning" by Halsey and "Making the Most of the Night" by Carly Rae Jepsen, have the exact same intros for example), or what everyone refers to as "fan art". Spiderman was drawn by Steve Ditko (Stan Lee was the writer) yet thousands of artists draw spiderman fan art for profit...that could be considered theft.

Eventually AI art will evolve into something more, maybe, but for now it's still learning like a child learns. AI art still requires a human to enter in what it should create, the more descriptive the better the image. It even struggles to draw hands like a real person lol. It's scary that something new has come along but AI has been around for awhile. Our smartphones have AI (Siri, Alexa), we have AI driven vehicles, even medical picture analysis, anomaly detection and diagnosis support are all capabilities of AI algorithms...we let AI monitor our health (let that sink in for a moment).

Of course humans have also caused setbacks in the AI development. Remember the experiment "Tay" that google released on twitter? Within 16hrs it had tweeted 96,000 times in response to human interaction and had learnt to be a racist, hate mongering, "death to all humans" AI. AI will only be as good, or bad, as people around it teach it to be. If humanity teaches it to be racist it will be racist, if humanity teaches it to respect life it will do that. Just like an adult teaching a child. For example, I've been creating a chat ai to help those living with depression, social anxiety and other such issues. I'm hoping to put it to the test in the next week or so but there's my anxiety of putting it out there given what humanity does to AI.

The game "Detroit:Become Human" is starting to become a reality. It might take awhile, but AI is here to stay and it will only get smarter and/or better.

About AI. It is all human thought, human emotion, human activity, everything we can pass to our children and more. There is Nothing Artificial about Intelligent Thinking! IT! AI! There is nothing artificial about "IT"! Add all thought; add consciousness, add subconsciousness, add super consciousness, and add ID. The human ID. Put it into a structure that is all mechanical and all wires, springs, resistors, diodes, tri-odes, and capacitors given in CPUs GPUs, including every encyclopedia from every library. And you will have one huge stored up collection of our existence in a mechanical being.

We are "Biologically mechanically constructed humanoid bipeds (Resistance is FUTILE.) We are already here! A chip in our head and we don't need a metal body or any other kind. We control you remotely from the chips in your head. Meeting you is like meeting a zombie only all you need is a little electricity. How about 9 Ohms of electricity?

That is exactly how much our humanoid biped biologically created in the human womb body has coursing through our bodies.