My prediction for 2023

MrJoseCuervo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gases can only affect the properties of the atmosphere through their Particulate concentration in the atmosphere, a 1% concentration is 1 molecule/atom for every 100 in the atmosphere, when measured by volume. The basic properties of gases at non-condensing temperatures mean that the volumes are directly related to the particles of gas in the mix. One atom per million is 1 ppm, the average concentration of methane is a little less than 2000 ppb, or 2 ppm.

CH4 has a lot less mass than CO2, (12+4(1)) = 16 atomic mass units for CH4, (12 + 2(16)) = 44 atomic mass units for CO2. CO2 is 44/16 = 2.75 times more massive.

That means that every ppm of CH4 should have the IR absorption effect of a much larger amount of CO2. I HATE how the difference is commonly posted/referred to by weight, probably because it makes it seem like methane should be a bigger problem than it is. Every 1g of CH4 in the atmosphere has the absorption effect of 80 g of CO2, which means that 16 g CH4 (one mole)/(44g CO2) x 80 = 29 times the warming of an equal amount by volume of CO2, . So, 2 ppm of CH4 should have the warming potential of less than 60 ppm of CO2. Having to deal with the concentration of particles by converting from mass or weight of a substance is a major reason why ppl have trouble with/fail chemistry.

Edited by 7531Leonidas

None of it is a "problem"

Like I said, heavy metals are a problem, sure. These gases occur naturally and the planet has mechanisms in place to address them. The "cure" may mean a culling of the species on this planet.. but this has happened many times.

• 2 weeks later...

It is October....

How ya looking on those?

Not being a wise*** genuinely curious.

Global Economic Collapse = It has begun. Next year will be brutal

Unemployment will skyrocket = Next Year

Evictions will be higher than the 2008 housing crisis = Next year

POTUS will not see 2024 = I still think this will happen

There will be large scale violence and martial law or curfews will be enacted in at least one us City. = Thankfully I was wrong here

China will take advantage of the wests feckless leadership and engage Taiwan = China has too many problems right now.

Russia will use a Nuke in Ukraine = Elon prevented his

Russia / Ukraine conflict will spread to other nations forcing NATOs hand = Elon Prevented this

Trump will be overly aggressive and be surpassed by Ron DeSantis in popularity. = Trump 2024. Turns out Desantis has no personality

A military draft will be seriously talked about. = There is a bill in the Senate to make womwn eligible for the draft. Equality!

Bitcoin will drop below 10k = Perhaps after the ETF gets rejected.

Not too off the mark some big misses but some stuff you got right...

Although for the Global Economy to collapse the US economy will have to have been collapsed for about a year to six months before the other economies begin to suffer from our buying power being non existent.

Which is why I have always believed that the other leaders will do what is necessary to ensure the US economy does not in fact collapse.

Cause if it does with in a year at the most we will be looking at total global economic collapse.

I really do not want to live to see a global depression. Mainly because it will kick off World War 3

Although for the Global Economy to collapse the US economy will have to have been collapsed for about a year to six months before the other economies begin to suffer from our buying power being non existent.

Which is why I have always believed that the other leaders will do what is necessary to ensure the US economy does not in fact collapse.

Cause if it does with in a year at the most we will be looking at total global economic collapse.

I really do not want to live to see a global depression. Mainly because it will kick off World War 3

Our leaders are dumb and greedy and have no idea how to tame this beast. They see a large conflict with 2 great positives for them. Population reduction and they look at the boom after WW2 and think it will save the US economy. Sadly they moved all manufacturing out so not sure how that will work out. If a Neo-Con / Neo-Liberal gets into office here, things will be very very bad.

Our leaders are dumb and greedy and have no idea how to tame this beast. They see a large conflict with 2 great positives for them. Population reduction and they look at the boom after WW2 and think it will save the US economy. Sadly they moved all manufacturing out so not sure how that will work out. If a Neo-Con / Neo-Liberal gets into office here, things will be very very bad.

*snicker* consider the consequences of a conflict with China. :D They hold a significant portion of our national debt, and a good percentage of our manufacturing as well. China could tank our economy simply by dumping all the US bonds they hold. Probably one of the reasons no one has bothered to put a check on China in the South China Sea.