Next Gen Update Question?

edgeburner

I'm assuming that this update will be similar to Skyrim SE? From what I have read, this will be a total revamp, a separate entity from the original FO4 (insert name) engine. My question, more of a hope, is that once the script extender is updated, I wonder if MO2 will still be viable? Just asking for a hope and guess, I reckon. Will it be updated, Is the MO2 team still together?

MO2 is still being updated, but it's a community project now since the original dev got hired to create Vortex.

But it's uncertain how much this is going to change in the game. It won't be as big a change as LE to SE with Skyrim for a number of reasons. And whether it is a separate entity in the games lists is highly questionable as that would actually cost Bethesda significantly more money.

I'm assuming that this update will be similar to Skyrim SE? From what I have read, this will be a total revamp, a separate entity from the original FO4 (insert name) engine. My question, more of a hope, is that once the script extender is updated, I wonder if MO2 will still be viable? Just asking for a hope and guess, I reckon. Will it be updated, Is the MO2 team still together?

MO2 is still being updated, but it's a community project now since the original dev got hired to create Vortex.

this was a few years ago. since mo2 is still the only serious mod tool to manage mods with a virtual file system and without the deploy mechanism. You have to load it with the mods including script extender. but is very easy to use and mods are a breeze to handle (just talking about bethesda games). just be cautious with early updating. this can end in a mess... be sure what you do! if you want more and to try collections you have to go with vortex.

for many games you can use separated profiles with mo2, you can load them within seconds. just build your profiles as your personal collections as a mod list and run it. that is the way i do it, in a few seconds i can build a profile and can use it as a full independent game back up or with another mod config. but you cannot use nexusmods collections. mo2 profiles relay on on your mod download folder without cloning or copying any existing mod file. just tag it! this saved more than one time my game with the last config and without any reinstallation, overwriting and load order hassle. don't change too much and use the steam offline mode as often as you can. if you run into problems just load the mo2 backup with the same config (after another security backup) and you are safe!

Any "Anniversary" update to FO4 won't change the OS that the Mod Managers (and the game) run on - it's built on 64 bit.

That was the major change with Skyrim to Skyrim SE. It was why some mods had to be updated (i.e. any SKSE mods) they leveraged memory addresses from the 32 bit version.

Beyond integrating CC content (like they did with Skyrim AE) I wouldn't expect much else from any "future" update - anything more than just a cash grab.