Sauron or Voldemort?

Deleted83095543User

So I was having an argument with a friend because they believed that Voldemort would beat Sauron. I disagreed with them, because Sauron would easily beat Voldemort. I think it is worth mentioning that my friend is a die-hard Harry Potter fan, so they wouldn't admit defeat after a week of arguing about this. Having said that, if someone wouldn't mind explaining how Lord Voldy-boy would beat the true Dark Lord, I would appreciate it, because my friend can't. For the record, I am also a Harry Potter fan, and no, that doesn't mean I like JK Rowling nor does it mean that I agree with her views.

Are there any spells in particular they used to defend Voldemort?

Well, the only spells they really used to say that Voldemort could beat Sauron were the Unforgivable Curses. However, I pointed out that Sauron could easily counter all of them. Sauron easily has the willpower to resist the Imperius Curse, the Cruciatus Curse probably wouldn't bother him, and even if the Killing Curse does destroy Sauron's body, the One Ring will keep his soul bound to the world. Also, Voldemort is the ideal person for the Ring to corrupt due to his lust for power, so he would likely end up becoming a Ringwraith and a servant to Sauron anyway.

You should tell your friend to re-read the HP books. Voldemort's defining feature isn't power, it's failure. He failed at everything he attempted. Even the reputation that made him "he who should not be named" was based on fear of his nutjob followers, not fear of him.

Sauron ruled a nation for millennia and it required entire armies to stop him.

Voldemort got killed by the same kid twice.

You should tell your friend to re-read the HP books. Voldemort's defining feature isn't power, it's failure. He failed at everything he attempted. Even the reputation that made him "he who should not be named" was based on fear of his nutjob followers, not fear of him.

Tell me about it. To be completely honest, Voldemort has always come off to me as more of an angsty teenager with more power than he should have ever been allowed to have than a Dark Lord. If my knowledge of Harry Potter serves me, the only reason he caused as much damage as he did was because the Ministry of Magic was so incompetent that they spent more time trying to hide everything from the Muggles than trying to stop Voldemort. Dumbledore had to form his own secret organization, the Order of the Phoenix, to help stop Voldemort, but by that time, Voldemort's influence had grown too great, so they only succeeded in slowing him down. It took Harry's mom, Lily, sacrificing her own life to use an ancient charm of protection for Harry to stop Voldemort.

Also, something else I told my friend was that Voldemort was set up to fail with the Elder Wand. When Voldemort got it, its true master at that time was Harry, because he disarmed Malfoy, who disarmed Dumbledore who was its master at the start of the series. The thing about the Elder Wand was that it wouldn't kill the one whom it deemed its true master. So when Voldemort tried to kill Harry in the Forbidden Forest, it didn't kill him because Harry was its master. Instead, the Wand aimed for Voldemort's soul shard that was inside of Harry. In other words, Voldemort is a joke. In my opinion, Grindelwald was a better villain than Voldemort. At least he had a better idea of what he was doing.

Sauron, on the other hand, used his power and cunning to bring Middle Earth to its knees on multiple occasions. He could definitely conquer the wizarding-world if he wanted. With the army of Mordor at his command, from the Orcs to the terrifying Nazgul, and the One Ring upon his hand, no Witch nor Wizard could possibly stand in his way.

• 2 months later...

That's gotta be REALLY embarrassing. :D

• 1 month later...

You are all forgetting the best reason for Sauron to win this fight handily without breaking a swett.

This assumes a few things.
1. They are both at full power. Sauron before Isildor, and Voldemort before Halloween 1981.

2. It is a one on one fight No armies of Followers.

3. That is it is as fair a fight as you are going to get out of the number 1 and 3 all time villains from fiction novels. (palpy before Disney ruined star wars is number 2)

Sauron when is seconds Voldemort gets off maybe one of two spells before the DEMIGOD son of Malketh grabs him by the throat and makes him a Ring Wraith consuming what little is left of his soul.

Yeah you guys left that part out Voldemort is in fact a bad ass powerful wizard, but still, mostly human.

Sauron however is a Demigod. And a extremely powerful one at that. I mean he help his dad and aunts and uncle make the world, he them helped his dad corrupt said world and is the only thing Gandolf, Galadrial, Celeborn, and Elrond feared. being thousands of years old with power and knowledge to match, hid in fear of Sauron.

Sauron would make Voldy his b**** in seconds.