Fallout 4 Not acknowledging DLC

ljdeutsch

I recently got my first PC in over twenty years (to let you know how computer illiterate I am) and really wanted to dive into Fallout 4 modding since I had only done so previously on Xbox. I Purchased the GOTY edition from Steam which includes all of the DLC, and on Steam it shows me as owning all of the DLC, however when I launch the game from Vortex it shows the Nuka-World DLC as not owned. Furthermore the DLC is grayed out and I cannot interact with it in any way. This renders many essential mods unusable. I saw that a similar (identical) topic was posted but all of the suggested extensions are enabled for me. To Recap: If I launch the game through the steam shortcut it shows me as owning all of the DLC but none of the mods I downloaded are present. If I launch via Vortex the mods are there but the Nuka-world DLC is not so many mods are disabled/unusable. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am new to this so patience is also appreciated.

OP says they bought it on Steam.

Just using Windows Explorer to look at the Data directory will tell them if the file is there or not. If it isn't then they'll need to check if Steam has it marked for download and possibly run the file repair option in Steam.