What if ESO had an offline mode?

billyro

the game itself will be a much smaller download im sure. MMOs are run through Clients. you dont usually have do download more then a few GB of data to your HDD. im sure its only big right now because they havent fine tuned the Client itself.

most console only fanboys dont notice what they pay. they dont usually pay for their internet (parents) so there goes that expense. the Xbox Live and PSN fee is usually a yearly charge (depending on which option you choose ofc) so the only expense they will actually think of will be the $15 expense. and thats not too bad (in their eyes)

i dont plan on playing it so i have no further opinions. im content with GW2 for now, still playing it since august (after a year long break) and if i ever wanna switch it up, i love spending a month or so on Champions Online lol.

lastly "who voice acts an entire MMO"...SWTOR thats who. lol remember? that was one of thier biggest selling points!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is beautiful, as far as the world goes. I need to take some screenies I suppose.

I wish also (As a RP-er I guess) that they would give a separate slider for make up and face paint and scars. I would like to be able to have more than one.

I also really hate over the shoulder camera. Really really hate that.

I see it as all of those stupid "radiant AI quests" jammed into a huge game that is $60 and 14.99/month after that.

You've gotta admit that the quests in ESO are infinitely more engaging than that of Skyrim. In Skyrim, I barely gave a single s*** about any of the NPCs' problems, but in ESO there is a lot of variety and (strangely) more effect on the world because of the quest completion than a Skyrim counterpart.

Not to me lol. I've played my share of MMOs and they bore the living crap out of me in about a month. Exception was Anarchy Online, I played that for a good year..but it was $5/month. They had an option just to pay monthly for one of the expansion pack areas, pay the full 14.99 for the full game, or even play for free. When you did play for free, nothing was restricted except for the expansion areas. It worked and apparently still does, it's one of the longest running MMOs. I doubt ESO will go this route until they are horribly desperate for subs.

In ESO, half the time I was grunting and sighing at the fact "oh wow, I just ran for 45 minutes to go get something. Now I have to run back another 45 minutes to give it back to the quest giver because it costs all my gold to teleport there. Not to worry, the quest giver will give me 100 gold and armour I won't even use that's worth nothing. Hurrah!" Skyrim (modded), yeah you still had to run back for some crap items, but it felt like an adventure, especially when there's a huge snowstorm (god I love Frostfall) and the risk of dying from being in said snowstorm.

Same crap, different execution :tongue: Run here, run back, get gold. Right click, 1, 2, right click. Rinse, wash, and repeat. At least when I get bored with combat in other ES games, I can mod it and have a whole new experience (new one I have for Skyrim is awesome). Or if I get bored in general, I can take a break and not feel like I wasted $15 because I didn't play it for a week.

Ah, didn't know they entirely voice acted other MMOs. Still think that would get annoying after awhile, especially with merchants. After about the 3rd robo-voice (I know those are placeholders) of "I may not have the best wares, blah blah blah" I wanted to put my fist through my screen :tongue: It's already bad enough in Skyrim..but at least you can mod out annoying crap like that.

Dunno, MMOs are just not really for people that are introverts like myself. Sure, you can run around and do all the stuff by yourself, but it defeats the purpose when you can just go back and play Skyrim, Morrowind, or Oblivion and do the same thing and not pay monthly. I'm all for that haha. Call me cheap, but $15 sometimes can mean gas or groceries for the week.

Oh one more thing haha..they can't even code and fix their single player games right, expect this to be any better, especially without modder invervention? Hoo boy...I know MMOs will always have glitches, exploits, bugs, etc...but this is the company that can't even fix something as simple as NPCs running into walls... No way it's going to be ready on 4/14/14. But since it's such a "cool date", they'll release it regardless.

Edited by Illiad86

and its fans such as yourself being the reason it wont succeed. which ive always said (and im not basing you in any way, ive said this since the beginning) Skyrim fans will hop in, realize its not Skyrim, and not like the game.

SWTOR i believe was a fully voiced game. as in every character and NPC was a different voice. it was one of its biggest promotions and why it cost so much to make.....unlike GW2 where Liam O'Brian Basically plays the entire Sylvari Race lol

lastly the game isn't being developed by Bethesda Directly. its being developed by Zenimax Online Studios. which is owned by Zenimax Studios which owns Bethesda and a bunch of others (Id Software and Arkane Studios to name a couple of the more popular companies)

Edited by hoofhearted4

and its fans such as yourself being the reason it wont succeed. which ive always said (and im not basing you in any way, ive said this since the beginning) Skyrim fans will hop in, realize its not Skyrim, and not like the game.

SWTOR i believe was a fully voiced game. as in every character and NPC was a different voice. it was one of its biggest promotions and why it cost so much to make.....unlike GW2 where Liam O'Brian Basically plays the entire Sylvari Race lol

lastly the game isn't being developed by Bethesda Directly. its being developed by Zenimax Online Studios. which is owned by Zenimax Studios which owns Bethesda and a bunch of others (Id Software and Arkane Studios to name a couple of the more popular companies)

No, I don't like the game because it's not Skyrim, I pretty much don't like the game because it's a MMO. All this blah blah "it's going to be different from other MMOs"...it's not. Zenimax, Bethesda, whatever you want to call them (The BSG logo is on the game client screen btw) are milking the cow and we all know what that does in the end to a series.

I just hope they do a good job on Fallout 4 and TESVI...

Edited by Illiad86

If it doesn't succeed then it their fault for making something the fans don't want, being a fan doesn't oblige anyone to buy any old thing with the brand name on it. Honestly I'm detecting very little enthusiasm for this, remember the months leading up to Skyrims release, people were discussing all sorts over many threads, for ESO we have one thread and that's asking about single player. It's the same elsewhere, the contrast between the excitement Skyrim generated and the apathy this game is generating is stark.

Yeah wayshrines are free and are all over the place, the only fast travel you had to pay for were the 2 dungeons that opened up after you beat the spider daedra dungeon.

One of the dumbest thing is the non instanced loot.

You go through a dungeon and it's first come first served to the chests and heavy sacks. The starter dungeon was retarded when I did it because it was flooded with 50 other players and every container, of which there were a lot in certain rooms, were already looted. I played around yesterday on a different faction and the starter dungeon had hardly anyone in it due to beta ending soon and I came out of it with 25 lockpicks and 800gold worth of random stuff.

so if you want loot be the tank so you are first to the chests, healers and sorcerers at the back get no chests unless they want to wait 5mins for it to respawn.

Honestly I'm detecting very little enthusiasm for this, remember the months leading up to Skyrims release, people were discussing all sorts over many threads, for ESO we have one thread and that's asking about single player. It's the same elsewhere, the contrast between the excitement Skyrim generated and the apathy this game is generating is stark.

Indeed. It's barely luke warm. Not entirely sure why that is. I think the game itself is as good as other offerings in the genre that had a mega hype train behind them.

Yeah wayshrines are free and are all over the place, the only fast travel you had to pay for were the 2 dungeons that opened up after you beat the spider daedra dungeon.

One of the dumbest thing is the non instanced loot.

You go through a dungeon and it's first come first served to the chests and heavy sacks. The starter dungeon was retarded when I did it because it was flooded with 50 other players and every container, of which there were a lot in certain rooms, were already looted. I played around yesterday on a different faction and the starter dungeon had hardly anyone in it due to beta ending soon and I came out of it with 25 lockpicks and 800gold worth of random stuff.

so if you want loot be the tank so you are first to the chests, healers and sorcerers at the back get no chests unless they want to wait 5mins for it to respawn.

Honestly I'm detecting very little enthusiasm for this, remember the months leading up to Skyrims release, people were discussing all sorts over many threads, for ESO we have one thread and that's asking about single player. It's the same elsewhere, the contrast between the excitement Skyrim generated and the apathy this game is generating is stark.

Indeed. It's barely luke warm. Not entirely sure why that is. I think the game itself is as good as other offerings in the genre that had a mega hype train behind them.

I think "other offerings" is one of the problems, whatever their shortcomings Bethesdas single player games do offer something different, for good or ill there's nothing else quite like them, whereas ESO is just another MMO in a market that's already over saturated. Also the expectation of it going F2P isn't helping, I dare say a lot of people are holding back and waiting for that, of course if enough hold back then it will end up as F2P, so many MMOs have ended up going F2P after the pay model has failed that it's expected now.