fallout 76 worth to change from fo4 in 2023 ?

xrayy

i recently checked fo76 on youtube. as i am not a mp gamer and commonly prefer sp experience i try to understand the fo76 fascination in 2023.

two questions to start the discussion:

what are/can be the reasons to prefer fo76 and to change over from fo4? does fo76 look better or feels better than modded fo4 ? fo76 experienced player comments much appreciated!

update apr12th, after six days without any significant and experienced fo76 support here it seems that i asked in the wrong forum or there are simply no arguments to change to fo76.

multiplayer capability (with server dependency) and another world space seems to me the only significant pro fo76 argument so far.

• 2 weeks later...

since a meaningful discussion did not happen so far here i educated myself via steam and youtube. seems there is a quite rude controversy about pay2win on some channels (in the meantime many threads are closed).

i was not aware that fo76 went so far with the "atoms" microtransactions but still so many people like to waste their money - not for the game i thought - but for some "atoms" to buy virtual "extras" in a server and "event" driven mmo like fo4 game called fo76.

i do better not discuss my personal thoughts while a game like fo4 exists. it seems to me somehow tragic how some people waste their money for lesser fun and restricted server and modding functionality and additionally the risk of a ban even for no reason!

it is all free will and why think about it ? the mmo community "is so nice"...

fo4 in my opinion was clearly worth every cent. just bought this game as goty, no microtransactions, just pure modding and fun.

fallout 76 (and other games) will have this kind of paying community - this is the (stupid?) future. i do not understand this "i rent" instead of "i buy" mentality as so many things. congratulations bethesda!

my simple conclusion: no it is not worth any extra cent to "rent fo76" in addition or as an alternative to a bought fo4. if you like mmo gaming as an essential feature instead of KI you are somehow screwed.

i wish all players fun wit their games while not wasting their money :wink:

I've tried to play FO76 a couple of times. Ran into griefers immediately. Even when they couldn't hurt me they would attack the NPCs to run them off.

But, it's making Beth money so I see why they aren't changing it. It's my fault for believing their "we've worked out ways to prevent griefing" bull in the beginning and pre-ordering it.

It's nice to explore FO76. It has very interesting and good looking locations.

But you feel only like a guest

this "guest" impression effect and the "cheated by others" and micro transaction aspect would be a (and actually is) a main reason for me to drop even a "popular" sp game immediately.

cheats or tricks by the game selling company itself via back door online covered (or not) as updates would also be a reason to drop the game. a no go and instant fun killer for me.

i`m still not happy with games forcing the player to be always online or bloating the game with extreme drm "features". in my opinion not a way to generate a feeling to make me buy or the be able to like such a game at all. it is fascinating to see that these "flaws" (major flaws for me) can generate "fun" for so many people.

I gave up on MMO's quite some time ago. Even the Free ones.... Too many folks either cheating, or the whole 'pay to win' thing. Nope. Not interested in that level of frustration....

Especially the "free" ones. They exist only for the transactions.

They all lack a good epic story too. (although the same could be said for FO4). MMO's tend to be nothing but a endless stream of 'side quests', imho. No 'progress' to be made other then leveling up.

Not my cup of thee :down: