Fallout 4 next gen update this year

romalight

The "honesty" of anyone's expectations is irrelevant here, it's a fact that Bethesda gave zero details. Since FO4 is already 64-bit, what could be "next-gen" about the update could be anyone's guess, but disjointed "content" or even a "marketplace" wouldn't be something that excites me personally, and either way: pre-hype has been proven harmful for the quality of games, so why even. If they don't give any details they deserve no brain cycles either.

The trouble with updating some F4SE dependent mods is if the authors have already left the building, whether through the great mod bundling diaspora or simply moving on with their life.

At worst, our expected downtime should be no more than 3 weeks or however long it takes for my son to come over and straighten out my installation.

it is easy to prepare if you know the scenario just be patient if you update as an early adopter or avoid the update as long as you can and read comments first. your game will not run as expected for weeks or month. if you are fine with that just update, see what happens and have fun :wink:.

as a pc gamer i will surely wait before allowing the update and closely monitor what others say.

In what kind of way can it break mods that don't rely on F4SE? I mean they're probably not going to change any type signatures, right?

one update, i do not remember which one, changed the game in a way that some esp of older mods seemed not compatible or correctly recognized anymore. i don't know if this was intentional or to force the update and if this was a bug at all. just be aware of all kind of bugs and "features", not relevant for a better user experience - they may be hidden in such an update.

They didn't break all mods before. With Skyrim AE it was simply that the executable got updated and that broke SKSE, which it always does. Updating SKSE mods was a little more involved due to the use of a new compiler version, but SKSE breaking couldn't be prevented. The other incident mentioned above involved plugin version numbers and, if I recall correctly, modders had nearly two years to update their mods before it became an issue.

nobody say they did break all, including me. there were some mods, nothing specific. a problem with mods and the newest creation kit, partly not backwards compatible.

it was no drama but an annoyance for people who could not update due to skse problem. as always...

i don't know exactly what you try to say. everything what bethesda does makes sense and is unavoidable ?

no,it doesnt. since ae happened the dumbest knows that and this drama that happened was calculated and many people and their setups still suffer from this version chaos. just give up to tell people fairy tales. i am calm but i do not need dump explanations for a situation you and bethesda was a aware of before but not many pc sse player who all lost their sse game setup suddenly and forever, not prepared for the consequences of the ae update which came suddenly over them, some hoping for better while not knowing if and how to effectively prevent the next sse update.

The Skyrim experience was annoying. For some reasons at one time I updated the game (what a fault) and did not play since this "improvement", mostly because some mods I see as essential for me weren't updated. Good to know that I have to keep Steam offline all the time in the next months/years to save my FO4 from a similar fate ...

• 2 weeks later...

The Fallout experience will be just as annoying - IF you aren't prepared to ignore the change when it happens.

I wasn't prepared to ignore the change with Skyrim AE.

For that I own all the issues that change brought upon me - to the point I haven't played Skyrim since.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, ugh, not going to happen.

I have everything backed up for this one.

The individual mods, the changes I've made to those mods, the entire Mod Organizer mod directory, the entire game directory - the works.

My biggest issue with the Skyrim AE I couldn't avoid. It added the very CC content the Unofficial Patch refused to support for years, and now supported all of it - baked in as a dependency. I couldn't go back, I didn't have my game (and game session) archived.