What is the best way to clean out all mods?

tomanytomorrows

I am have problems with some mods, FO4 says that contain is no longer present. For example No more Twigs mod. I have checked that the mod exists under D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 and D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mods and they both exists in those folders. Which probably should not be done, but FO4 mod does not show a picture of the mod and thus does not work. So I am thinking with a lot of mods that do not work it would be best to delete all mods and associated files andthen reinstall. So what would be the best way to clean out all mods and their files.

Mods installed

Snappy House Kit

Ballistic Weaver

SOE

M82A3

Puma Longer power lines

Hangman's Alley apartment

Open Carry

Decorator and Furniture Expansion pack

Better Crops

Creative Clutter

Prewar and Postwar Sanctuary House, (does not seem work)

Taffington boathouse repair

Scrap, bushes, and leaves (does S.C.A.P. override this? and should I run the mod Twigs with this?)

SSM

Extra Weaves (have also Ballistic weaver)

Craftable Ammo

Workshop Decorations pack

SA80 British rifle

Better settlement fixer (a much need mod)

Wall pass-through power conduits

Maybe it it time for a fresh/clean install of FO4? Also, shouldn't the mods go in the data folder? Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data

Consider:

1. Uninstall Fallout 4

2. Delete everything leftover in in the Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 folder and data folder

3. Delete the saved games folder (Documents\My Games\Fallout4)

4. Download and reinstall Fallout 4 and the DLC, verify the integrity of the files

5. Start a new game, verify it is working

6. Begin adding in the mods slowly, testing along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Vortex has the ability to 'purge' all mods. Do that before you do any uninstalls.

Does that include Bethesda mods and FO4 mods. Second should I install all my mods through Vortex or Vortex and FO4? Thank you sorry for the delay.

Edited by tomanytomorrows

I am have problems with some mods, FO4 says that contain is no longer present. For example No more Twigs mod. I have checked that the mod exists under D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4 and D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Mods and they both exists in those folders. Which probably should not be done, but FO4 mod does not show a picture of the mod and thus does not work. So I am thinking with a lot of mods that do not work it would be best to delete all mods and associated files andthen reinstall. So what would be the best way to clean out all mods and their files.

Mods installed

Snappy House Kit

Ballistic Weaver

SOE

M82A3

Puma Longer power lines

Hangman's Alley apartment

Open Carry

Decorator and Furniture Expansion pack

Better Crops

Creative Clutter

Prewar and Postwar Sanctuary House, (does not seem work)

Taffington boathouse repair

Scrap, bushes, and leaves (does S.C.A.P. override this? and should I run the mod Twigs with this?)

SSM

Extra Weaves (have also Ballistic weaver)

Craftable Ammo

Workshop Decorations pack

SA80 British rifle

Better settlement fixer (a much need mod)

Wall pass-through power conduits

That is not all that many mods though for you to have issues yet.

I run 230 mods on a low-to mid range machine with little to no issues.

Sometimes in Vortex the Mod can show as enabled in the "Mods" window of Vortex, but the plug-in (the esp) is not enabled and then the mod will not be active.

Check your plug ins, to see if any are disabled and if so, simply enable them in the plug-ins window.