"You can't go that way. Turn back"

HeyYou deals with this type of stuff at work alll the time. If he doesn't pop in with some ideas I'd try PMing him.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I deleted my Documents folder from One Drive and now I am able to save the game and the launcher stopped resetting my graphics option. The problem is that the game takes too long to launch. After I click play in the launcher it takes much longer to start.

Deleted it? And did you moved its contents to your own directory using Properties in context menu? At least in my Win7 you right-click on Documents directory, and select "Properties". When new window opens, it contains six tabs and one of them is named "Location" - after clicking on it will show the actual path and three buttons for restoring deafult path, moving Documents to new location and selecting directory. As I use localized Win too, the names are rough translations from Czech, sorry if you feel confused.

Slow times would mean that your Win or OneDrive client is still trying to access now non-existent directory on OneDrive.

Very well, if both problems are solved now, lets return to one which started this thread. Just summarize it, as you have already all info you need.

To rid of that message you need to switch off border check for regions. To do it, you must edit Oblivion.ini file which Oblivion uses, the one in My Games/Oblivion directory. After opening it in your text editor (simple Notepad will do) find a variable named "bBorderRegionsEnabled", it's in block beginning [General] line, and variable line will look "bBorderRegionsEnabled=1". Change it from 1 to 0, save a file and you're done. There is one similarly named in [Main] section, but that one is irrelevant.

Edited by RomanR

I just uninstalled Microsoft Drive, so the game takes no longer too much time to start.

As for the border, the problem was with a certain mod, with which I never had this problem before. So I uninstalled it.

Anyway, thank you all for all the help.

• 3 months later...

I just uninstalled Microsoft Drive, so the game takes no longer too much time to start.

As for the border, the problem was with a certain mod, with which I never had this problem before. So I uninstalled it.

Anyway, thank you all for all the help.

@dmitrisgb, which mod? Im running into this while on a quest that is part of the Better Cities mod looking for any input

The answer is in RomanR's post:

To rid of that message you need to switch off border check for regions. To do it, you must edit Oblivion.ini file which Oblivion uses, the one in My Games/Oblivion directory. After opening it in your text editor (simple Notepad will do) find a variable named "bBorderRegionsEnabled", it's in block beginning [General] line, and variable line will look "bBorderRegionsEnabled=1". Change it from 1 to 0, save a file and you're done. There is one similarly named in [Main] section, but that one is irrelevant.

Getting rid of a mod because it sends you outside the usual borders isn't an option for most of us, when the solution is just to remove the border check. In your case, you are doing a BC quest that sends you outside the borders. Obviously it is the BC mod that is causing you to cross the border.

Edited by GamerRick