⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Best option to avoid Vortex spam?

stuff444

Hello. I was wondering how I can stop vortex from spamming me about changes I've made to game files in Skyrim SE. This feature is really getting annoying, and I just want the newest files in my game to be the files I've currently put in the game myself, manually or through vortex. I don't want confusing questions spamming me about archive files when I've dropped some manual meshes into the game. Thanks in advance.

Don't drop manual meshes into the game. It completely defeats the purpose of having a virtual folder to install mods to.

Drop your meshes into the staging folder as part of a "my customizations" mod and let Vortex install them properly.

Guest deleted34304850

Hello. I was wondering how I can stop vortex from spamming me about changes I've made to game files in Skyrim SE. This feature is really getting annoying, and I just want the newest files in my game to be the files I've currently put in the game myself, manually or through vortex. I don't want confusing questions spamming me about archive files when I've dropped some manual meshes into the game. Thanks in advance.

don't do what you're doing and the spam goes away.

you are aware, aren't you, that the files in your directory are only links, not actual, physical files? so why would you then throw a load of meshes into a directory full of links? and then, why would you expect your mod manager to shut up about it?

you are aware, aren't you, that the files in your directory are only links, not actual, physical files? so why would you then throw a load of meshes into a directory full of links? and then, why would you expect your mod manager to shut up about it?

Well, because I know what I'm doing. I don't rebuild my mod list over and over like some. Most of my modding is done manually. I build on it piece at a time. I'd expect it to shut up because it's a tool that should be able to be tailored to the user.

Don't drop manual meshes into the game. It completely defeats the purpose of having a virtual folder to install mods to.

Drop your meshes into the staging folder as part of a "my customizations" mod and let Vortex install them properly.

Thank you, I'll try this.

Guest deleted34304850

Well, because I know what I'm doing. I don't rebuild my mod list over and over like some. Most of my modding is done manually. I build on it piece at a time. I'd expect it to shut up because it's a tool that should be able to be tailored to the user.

i'm sure you think you know what you're doing, but again, why are you throwing actual files into a directory of links that is managed by your mod manager?

as it manages it, it detects things it doesnt know about and tells you.

so its working as designed.

you, however, are doing your own thing outside of the mod manager, because "you know what you're doing".

so, to stop the spam - stop doing what you're doing. or don't use a mod manager.

I'd expect it to shut up because it's a tool that should be able to be tailored to the user.

I do understand where you're coming from, but in this case it's like you're asking a car manufacturer where the switch is to turn off the "fasten seatbelt" or "check engine" light. Regardless of whether or not you know what you are doing, the warning in question is too important to the function of the program to be able to disable it.

I purposely break my hardlinks when I used Vortex, when I edit the ESPS, because I edit the Hardlinked ESPS in the Data folder rather than the Mod Staging Folder, that way, when Vortex tells me that files have been changed I tell it to use the NEWER FILE, and it shuts up after that.

It only asks this ONCE (unless I change the files again), but I usually edit ESPS en masse with XEdit anyway.

I just edited half of my 400+ mod load order (The ESPS) using Xedit, and the next time it had to Deploy, it asked me what I wanted to do with all the Edited ESPS in the DATA folder, and I told it to use the NEWER files. It hasn't asked me since.

It will only keep asking you if you keep REVERTING the files, and you keep changing them.

I purposely break my hardlinks when I used Vortex, when I edit the ESPS, because I edit the Hardlinked ESPS in the Data folder rather than the Mod Staging Folder, that way, when Vortex tells me that files have been changed I tell it to use the NEWER FILE, and it shuts up after that.

It only asks this ONCE (unless I change the files again), but I usually edit ESPS en masse with XEdit anyway.

I just edited half of my 400+ mod load order (The ESPS) using Xedit, and the next time it had to Deploy, it asked me what I wanted to do with all the Edited ESPS in the DATA folder, and I told it to use the NEWER files. It hasn't asked me since.

It will only keep asking you if you keep REVERTING the files, and you keep changing them.

I do the same thing. One time I chose the wrong option late at night and lost a bunch of data. I just wish there was an auto "use newest file" option.

I do the same thing. One time I chose the wrong option late at night and lost a bunch of data. I just wish there was an auto "use newest file" option.

Mine always defaults to "Use the newest file" whenever I make changes